Can the MR Gonzo be converted to a puppet?

dmoss

Reaction score
Howdy, Luther! A lot of times it will be easiest to upload the picture (or pictures) to someplace like PhotoBucket.com, and then send us a link to the pictures that way. :smile:

I'd love to see your pictures! Can't wait to see some of your handy work.

muppet baby

Reaction score
I can not wait to see the pics of the Gonzo converted puppets i have this same MR Gonzo replica i am not planing on making a puppet though i am not brave enough .

luther962

Reaction score
Gonzo Pics

If anyone wants to see the pics of the Gonzo puppet email me and I will will email you the pics i have. Just remember I am not a puppet builder, never claimed to be an expert, nor "my" way is the only way of doing it. I am sure that there are 100's of better Gonzo puppets out there, but mine works great for our puppet ministry and I am happy with it and the kids just love him!

luther962

Reaction score
Hi there!

Ok! I figured out how to upload pics to Photo bucket (I think) if anyone wants to see some really quick grab shots of Gonzo just follow the link below:

If anyone wants details, and if it is allowed to publish them here, let me know. When I modify the next one, I will take pics along the way so you can see what I am talking about.

http://photobucket.com/luther962

dmoss

Reaction score
Very good work, Luther! He looks just how I imagined him to look, although I don't know why I wasn't expecting him to be half-body...he'd almost have to be after a good "gutting"...!

TML

Reaction score
Did you take the wire out of his mouth? How easy is it to open & close it?

luther962

Reaction score
The wires in the mouth are secured by a plastic retainer on both mouth plates which can simply be unscrewed with a small philips screw driver (4x screws per). The mouth actually had a double hinge, and it opens and closes real easy ( obviously not as easy ad a sock puppet, but easier than a What Not).

TML

Reaction score
How'd you get the wires out of his arms?

luther962

Reaction score
The arm wires are connected to a plastic "sternum" via the same type of plastic wire retainer clip and 4 screws. The arm wires are attached to his hands the same way. You can make a small incision to unscrew the retainer, buti just kept bending the wires at his wrist until the wires broke and then just pulled them out. I kept the "straws" that provide his elbow joint, retaped them and put them back in his arms so he still has an elbow joint in each arm so I can use arm rods. Hope this helps!

TML

Reaction score
I wonder if the same thing could be done to an Animal poser? I'm kind of afraid to dissect Gonzo. Were you afraid to ruin him?