Full-body costume puppets

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
So basically..... your speaking out in a public forum with a question "directed" only to one person but you were not trying to attack or cast shadow on a local MC member?

Then again.... maybe I'm wrong and your e-mail doesn't work properly. :rolleyes:

fragglerockr

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
I'm not sure why the hostility has been ratcheted up so high all of a sudden - 5th grade tattletale? I absolutely resent that.
I said I wouldn't comment after my last statements but I think it should at least be said so everyone knows how I feel.

Buck,

The comments about the 5th grade tattletale are not directed at you. You simply chose to respond to my message so please overlook that and don't take it personally. I think you took the brunt of what was being said to mean you personally. Understand I was referring to the group attitude in general. It should also be said that the situation was much more hostile in other threads before I came along and even made a comment. Please understand that my intent was to make a point and not single you out. Again you chose to respond so I replied back. I certainly, did not intend to open this can of worms above, made by others, that in my opinion, is in questionable taste.

Beleive it or not Buck, I really agree with your statements that you made back to me. It's hard to make right or wrong of issues like copyright when it's such a large grey area and open for interpretation. Copyright was intended to protect not hinder or berate people. I totally agree with you on that.

Back when Barney first became popular I was at a large entertainment tradeshow and had the opportunity to speak to HIT about copyrights. Their legal team told me they would actively persue *anyone* infringing on the Barney Trademark or likeness. Even fan-made costumes, profit or not. I thought that was a bit harsh but they stood their ground. Course, that was about a billion years ago...or so it feels like...and they may have lightend up a lot since then. But that just goes to show how everything is open to interpretation. Like Buck and I, both said.

I do feel sometimes that people in the forum can be a little over-zealous in their attempts to remind people that selling puppet replicas is against the law. Coming from an unbaised member of the board (remember I don't care much of it either way) sometimes however, it can come across as a little over the top so, I think a little kindness along with the good intent can go a long way.

Buck, as puppeteer and builder I do value your opinions and knowelge even if we don't always agree eye to eye. :wink: Sometimes, suprisingly, we do. I hope that this will put an end to any question you my have about hostility towards you. I have nothing but admiration and respect....especially for someone who can debate or make think fast on my feet. :smile:

So here's hoping we can shake hand and be friends....

(Just let me take this puppet off my hand first)

Fragglerockr

And now back to rubber chickens!!!

Blink

Reaction score
Puppetplanet said:
So basically..... your speaking out in a public forum with a question "directed" only to one person but you were not trying to attack or cast shadow on a local MC member?

Then again.... maybe I'm wrong and your e-mail doesn't work properly. :rolleyes:
I was speaking in a public forum directly to a person as many poeple do here including yourself (via the QUOTE button). It's not that unusual.

If you really want to get in to it...okay? But for someone who respects Buck, why are you pushing the issue?

Buck has not returned my emails ever since he disappeared (over 3 years ago) feeling "guilty" as he has stated on his website.

*sighs*

Once again, I was not attacking Buck and there is not shadow to be cast. Buck himself has dedicated a long entry on his own website addressing the (general) issue. Go here to read it (please note this does not even refer to me; this stuff happened even after me).

Does that clarify finally? Can we now stop talking about Buck and go back to the point about copyrights?

- Blink :sleep:

Blink

Reaction score
Puppetplanet said:
:concern: :eek: Poor Taste Indeed.:rolleyes:
Poor taste? What exactly? Your pushing the issue, your popshot at me about using email or Buck's publically posted information (on his website) that has been put up there by him?

- Blink :boo:

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Who's pushing the issue? I made no comment directly to you about what you said other than your additional shots at Buck were in bad taste..... who cares about the fact that your e-mails are being ignored. Based on this conversation with you.... I'd ignore them too!

YES.... POOR TASTE on the whole thing and I can't beleive that I got roped into this conversation with someone who ...... oh nevermind....You know what? You want to argue, fight, or throw your digs .... then send me a personal e-mail and we can debate back and forth all you want.

Otherwise.... move on already.

Blink

Reaction score
Puppetplanet said:
*shakes head and sighs*

PIG PILE!

I really don't want to a part of this anymore either. I choose to refrain from outbursts.

- Blink

I apologize to others who had to be witness to this. Sorry everyone. Can we please, pretty please, now go back to the copyright issue?

*takes a deeeeep sigh* :sympathy:

CB Boy

Reaction score
:mad:

I only visit here once and then so I don't wanna get in to anything with people...but I'm tired of this stuff with Buck in a number of forums, not just here. I gotta say up front that I'm not impartial, Buck and I go way back.

Blink man, we've never met or spoken or anything I think but I know your stuff which is really great and a few people (Buck included) have told me that yer a really talented, cool guy. I gotta say I thought you had more class than to take him out publically in a thread like this. That's a shame man. A real shame. If you've got an issue with him - try emailing him personally. Have you done that? Tell you what, do that and if he won't deal with your issue I'll personally kick his but about it.

I hope Buck's OK with me sayin' this, but just to clear it up a bit here's the deal...like I said I've known Buck a long time and I was hearing all about it when he started having trouble with his puppet business two years ago. Because of a whole bunch of crap that happened he had to shut it down last year. When he did some of his customers lost deposits they had paid for stuff and he had a big stack of unpaid bills and a lot of them were from Canadian puppet people. Usually when this kind thing happens people's accountants or whatever just tell them to go bankrupt and if you were owed money, well that's too bad for you.

But I respect the heck out of Buck because he didn't do that. He's tried to be a stand up guy about it and vowed to settle the whole mess sooner or later and it could take him years. He's been open about everything that's happened with him over the past two years and that's got to be embarassing for him. He did a long post about this in his blog last year - go there and search for it if you want to read the details.

A lot of people have done and said some awful stuff to and `bout Buck. His office was sprayed painted by somebody ticked off about it. People who used worked for him were threatened and intimidated. I'm not naming names (it wasn't Blink though) but some pretty well-regarded folks would be embarassed if stuff they said or done was public knowledge.

Maybe he deserves it. I dunno. I'm not saying the guy's an angel or perfect, but this whole thing with his business wrecked his life and I think he's dealt with as best he could. I'd challenge you to find somebody anywhere on the whole flipping `net who spends more time sharing puppet info, helping people and answering questions than Buck. Whatever mistakes he made or bad judgements or whatever he's done a lot more good here and elsewhere so don't dump on the guy here.

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
My sentiments exactly! I was so ticked at the personal comments made about Buck that I went off half cocked. *grin*

You nailed it and well Said I might add!

What really blew me away was the fact that Buck has mentioned Blinks site and talent on several occassions and it burned me to see him make negative comments about Buck in such a public manner.

I too read Bucks posts where he went into detail of his past business decisions and mishaps. These things happen, and Buck is still a stand up all around good guy trying to do whats right WITHIN HIS MEANS! You can't make everyone happy, but he's done more than most people would put effort to do and I totally respect and admire him.