How do you explain Scooter's introduction?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I've never liked Robin as five. Just because you sing a song with a particular number doesn't mean you're it. I feel he's gone through something similar that Big Bird went through ... where you're just magically another number. I'm willing to bet he's at least 8 or 9 by VMX. To me, he's like Junior ... he's underestimated due to his youth and never acknowledged for being what he really is. After all, if you admit the kid's getting older, you have to admit you're getting older. It's a theme that is replayed in various Henson projects, actually.

In my humble opinion, I submit that Muppets do age, but once they reach an age where their personalities "gel", they get roughly stuck there until they feel like maturing further.

At any rate, I feel Scooter started as an intern, left to explore other career opportunities, but came back upon Kermit's request.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
What I ment when Scooter claimed his uncle owned the theater... How could Kermit or anyone else proove it until later on?

Bellygrub

Reaction score
What I ment when Scooter claimed his uncle owned the theater... How could Kermit or anyone else proove it until later on?
I imagine when Kermit rented out the theater from the owner he said "Oh and my Nephew will be working with you".

DreeRAWRScooter

Reaction score
Scooter so awesome :wink: and i WILL, one day, hug him! don't care if i need to break into muppet studio's, i'll get that hug :wink: [and when i die, i'll hug Richard in the afterlife... hopefully there's one]
He was a very talented person, all the voices he did for the Muppets were really awesome. I really love Janice, and Beaker, and Scooter... It's such a tragedy that he died... I would like to very much do that sometime in the afterlife. Give him a hug, I mean, not die. Along with Lucille Ball and Emily Haines (yes, I know she isn't dead but my chances of hugging her in this life? :nil) Muppet FANS UNITE!

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
My dad pointed this out yesterday or the day before, but have we ever seen Scooter "go-fer" anything? He's brought a mechanical Kermit backstage, sung at least two duets with Fozzie, staged a musical number for Sandy Duncan, etc., but I can't seem to remember a single time he was doing his job.

how old is Scooter suppose to be anyway, they refer to him as 'kid' sometimes. so he's what, 18? since he's suppose to be kinda like Richard Hunt
Here's what Muppet Wiki has to say:
According to The Muppet Show Style Book, Scooter is about 14 years old.
Of course, going by that, then he'd be around my age, although I've always seen him as more 16-18 or so.