How do you explain Scooter's introduction?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Ah, the old Muppet canon issues. It's been awhile since I've seen a discussion about this.

I don't remember who, but a very wise member on this forum once chalked it all up to the Muppets play characters based on themselves in the movies which are completely mythological. The only true canon is The Muppet Show, everything else is the Muppets simply performing roles as actors in the movies. That's what I like to go with.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
Ironically, I became a fan of Scooter after watching season one. I mean, I guess I liked him a bit, mainly because I was a fan of Beaker and Janice, then I found out it was the same person performing both of them then I found out Scooter was also the same person. (w00t! Richard Hunt is totally awesome!) But I didn't truly think of him as too awesome until I got the season 1 box set and started watching those episodes of TMS. ("My uncle owns the theater.")
lol, well, i loved Scooter as long as i've lived, i think it was one of my first words, my parents tell me no matter where i was in the house, if they turned on the muppets and Scooter was on, i came running in [lol, i always wanted to hug Scooter, still do, i love him so much] it wasn't till i was older, [like 5 years ago] i started finding out about Richard and became a huge fan [though i didn't know he died till january of this year... kinda odd] when i found i i cried [first time i've cried over someone's death]

hee, Scooter so awesome :wink: and i WILL, one day, hug him! don't care if i need to break into muppet studio's, i'll get that hug :wink: [and when i die, i'll hug Richard in the afterlife... hopefully there's one]

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
[and when i die, i'll hug Richard in the afterlife... hopefully there's one]
True dedication of a Muppet fan. I would totally hug Richard Hunt if I ever got the chance. :flirt: Of course, in a dream, that happened and I woke up. :eek: (Perhaps the equivalent of fainting?:wink:)

Scooterthegofer

Reaction score
I have had the wonderful chance to have a handmade replica of Scooter, ripe for the hugging.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
True dedication of a Muppet fan. I would totally hug Richard Hunt if I ever got the chance. :flirt: Of course, in a dream, that happened and I woke up.
lol, i had a dream where he hugged me. :flirt: i was so happy.

i'm planing on making a scooter doll, [i keep running into brick walls cuz i want it to be perfect] once i have the scooter doll, then i'll be... well, committed by my family... but happy!

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Just wanna join in on the Scooter love here. He's my favourite character! And I'm such a big fan of Richard Hunt too! I even created a facebook group called We love Scooter the "gofer"! cause frankly I think he deserves a group :wink: lol. I really hope that he'll get an bigger role in the upcoming film, I am really enjoying what David Rudman is doing with Scooter so far.