How do you explain Scooter's introduction?

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Thank you, Nekoshema :wink: I'm trying to really keep the group strong with as many screencaps and pics as I can get.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
Thank you, Nekoshema :wink: I'm trying to really keep the group strong with as many screencaps and pics as I can get.
cool, and i did join, i posted six-string orchistra and jabberwocky, hope that was cool :wink:

DreeRAWRScooter

Reaction score
Just wanna join in on the Scooter love here. He's my favourite character! And I'm such a big fan of Richard Hunt too! I even created a facebook group called We love Scooter the "gofer"! cause frankly I think he deserves a group :wink: lol. I really hope that he'll get an bigger role in the upcoming film, I am really enjoying what David Rudman is doing with Scooter so far.
Hey! I joined the group! I had a feeling you'd been on this website! Cuz you know, you created that. He's my favorite character too! Then gonzo, i guess....

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Hey, DreeRAWRScooter! (love the username :wink:) Thanks for joining the group, fellow Scooter lover!

I had a feeling you'd been on this website! Cuz you know, you created that.
haha yup, still on there. Finding as much pics and vids as I can to add to it aswell

cahuenga

Reaction score
And in terms of continuity, How would you explain the absence of the caracter after the passing of Richard Hunt? for example for Muppets tonight

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
I like to imagine a number of scenarios like maybe Scooter tried to go off, make it on his own and do his own show. After a few years it didn't work out and he came back to the old gang.

Or maybe he went travelling like Richard did towards the end of his life :wink:

DreeRAWRScooter

Reaction score
Hey, DreeRAWRScooter! (love the username :wink:) Thanks for joining the group, fellow Scooter lover!

haha yup, still on there. Finding as much pics and vids as I can to add to it aswell
Yup, that's pretty awesome that you made the group. Not many people know of him, everyone knows the muppets as kermit, gonzo, and miss piggy. but scooter should get credit too. *haha, crazed girl-fan* :flirt:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Age ain't nothin' but a number...

Oh, ye ancient thread. But this one is interesting.

Fan's know that there's a Muppet Bible/Rule Book out there for writers to use as guidelines for the beloved characters. Nobody really knows what's in it, but I have a few thoughts about it and believe that a big part of the rules is that old Cantus saying that there are no rules. You will seldom get a straight answer from a Muppet so it's fruitless to ask.

What's Muppet cannon? Well, roughly...
The Muppets are an acting troupe that all met up in one way or another to eventually put on television shows and star in films. Anything more than that is up to the individual fan.

The age dilemma with the Muppet Babies is that it contradicts anything that came before. The Muppet Babies incarnation having the main cast no more than one year apart just doesn't quite sync. It's a little compartmentalized tucked away space that doesn't really have to make sense. It's a world of imagination only so making it fit into anything concrete goes against the nature of the program.

Using the Muppet Show and Movie as a guide, the ages do have some sort of range. You've got Robin who is almost 5, Scooter who is likely a teenager or college age, Fozzie, Gonzo and Beaker whose naivety and passion for what they do is indicative of young adulthood somewhere in the early 20's, Kermit is centered yet youthful and seems like he's in the first half of his 30's. Miss Piggy is perpetually 39 going on 29, of course. Animal, Janice, Floyd and most of the rest fall into this middle ground category. Rowlf seems like an older mellow dog in his 40's as do Zoot, Dr. Teeth and Bunsen. They've seen some life, but not as much as the late 70's Statler & Waldorf. Those are my assessments. Of course the Muppets don't really age, but it is relative to the dynamic between the characters. Gonzo seems to be closer to Kermit in age now and Fozzie's a little more self-aware so there's definitely a sliding scale. However, Scooter will never be older than Kermit and Robin will always be a child.

As for Scooter's introduction. Well, he's a schemer. He has his own things going. He makes connections and weaves through crowds to facilitate the Muppet Show and his own agenda. And, he's beloved by all. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I tend to see Statler and Waldorf as Mr. Burns type characters... they're so old they shouldn't exist, and their bitterness and nastiness are the only thing that tend to keep them going. They were born old, and they're perpetually old. Why, they've been old since Rowlf was a pup (play on an archaic saying).

I always said, if SS characters have ages, it's even more bonkers and inconsistent. Ernie and Bert are supposedly kids (Ernie supposedly said he was 6 or so in a VHS special), but they're old enough to live without parents, Grover has to be at LEAST 16 to work, especially multiple jobs. Telly seems like a 40 year old and a child at the same time. Oscar acts like an angry old man, but he can't be all that old if his Granny's still about. Elmo's (to quote Tweety Bird) twee an' a haff yeahs ohd. Big Bird's 6... that's about it. Unless Count VonCount has to be brought back to life once a century when the moon is in the 8th house of Aquarius (please someone tell me they at least get that), don't bother with that one either...

I tend to think, unless expressly stated, characters (not just Muppets) don't have specific ages, and ones that do have the same age forever. How many summer vacations can Arthur or Bart Simpson have? They keep going back to the same class every year. I believe that Muppets are written with psychological ages in mind, sure... but other than that it doesn't really matter to me all that much.