Muppet King Arthur

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, the Muppet Mindset had an interview with the first King Arthur artist, and he said to add him to a list of people who say that the Muppets weren't meant to be drawn. That's the first time I ever heard that from anybody, though there are quite a few characters that are hard for me to draw, especially in big crowd scenes (and ironically, if I do draw those characters it's usually in a picture where I try to draw as many existing characters as possible).

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
Hey, guys!
I really appreciate the good comments on what was my first entire Muppet issue.
Like Aaron explained, for circumstances that were out of control of everyone, the book was seriously behind schedule.
I would've loved to continue the series myself.

Hopefully I'll get another Muppet comic on my hands. Maybe this time I'll get to color and add effects to it like I did with the covers.

I've been working on the Looney Tunes comics for quite a few years and, yes, Brett Koth's 90's Looney Tunes comic strip inspired me a lot. Brett has that cartoon timing that is just wonderful. I had the privilege of illustrating some of his stories.

Oh, and what I meant about "the muppets weren't mean to be drawn" is because, altough the characters look cartoony, I always considered puppeteering a different kind of art.
And I'm a puppeteer myself.

But that's just me, of course.

Drtooth

Reaction score
One of these days, I gotta list all the Muppets I have problems with. Piggy is pretty hard to get down perfectly... Eye placement on characters like Ernie, Rowlf and Grover (those subtle slants) caused a bit of problem for me for the longest time. I still can't get the hang of Big Bird (he has so much subtlety in the shape of his head not to mention the subtle angle of the beak). but I respect what these artists have done and their styles that they've adapted them into. I really can't say I have a favorite artist of the group (since they all offered something different)...

I gotta say, I like what James does with Fozzie after he got the hang of it. And really, I did NOT know to what extent he came to the rescue of this comic until reading this interview. Not only is these guy's art great, but the time and effort and all that other great stuff they put into the books is amazing. No wonder why Boom has some of if not the best Muppet Comics I've seen in some time. Much better than the spotty carelessness of the Marvel MTM adaption.

Aaron Sparrow

Reaction score
Well, Muppet King Arthur is approved and off to the printer, so expect to see it on shelves March 17th!

-A

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, Muppet King Arthur is approved and off to the printer, so expect to see it on shelves March 17th!

-A
I haven't found any copies of this (or any individual issues of the fairy tale comics), but yay! It brings Muppet Snow White sooner!

Can you say whether The Muppet Show On the Road #3 will be released around that time?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Toughpigs preview for issue 3

I really try not to read these things, so I can have some surprises when I buy them... in fact, I barely have the will power to flip through the thing on the way home (I'd rather read the thing in the comfort of my own place)... but it's just hard NOT to. Looks great as always.

(Still haven't managed to get On the Road 3, though...)

blackaerin

Reaction score
is it just me or do the colors seem a bit dark in here?
Fozzie's more brown than orange, Bunsen's a darker shade of green, and it's hard to make out Rizzo from the background.
I know that this is placed in the Dark Ages, but it wouldn't hurt to brighten up some of the colors and make the Muppets pop out a bit against the dark colors.

dwmckim

Reaction score
(Still haven't managed to get On the Road 3, though...)
Has anyone? I haven't seen any discussion of it here (aside from on the preview pages) and when i did my comic shopping last week, i picked up my copy of Farscape: D'Argo's Quest 4 but both places i looked didn't have TMS On the Road 3. At first i thought both places were sold out (though that was the first time i didn't find a copy at two out of two places on the day of release) but now i'm beginning to wonder...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I HOPE it got delayed if anything. Everywhere (three places on the following Saturday) I went I assume sold out.

Well, I'm checking today.