1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet King Arthur

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by theprawncracker, Oct 5, 2009.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

It's official! The next Muppet fairy-tale comic book coming out is Muppet Robin Hood! And guess what? It's drawn by MC's own MuppetMonkey/Dave Alvarez!

http://twitpic.com/kg6x8

Look at this ART! It's gorgeous and wonderful! I'm mucho excited for this! :D :halo:
  2. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Anyone want to take some bets on how long it takes thepawncracker to notice his major typo? (Good thing he titled the thread the way he did!)
  3. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

*stares blankly at post for several seconds*

*blink blink*

*confused look to dw; back to prawncracker's post*

Oh!

*snort*

FunNEE!

This comic looks great! Can't wait for Muppet Robi- uh, King Arthur.
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oooh! Muppet Rob-king Arthur! I cannot wait to see some more art work from this! It has to be better than that gosh-awful Merlin tv series on the BBC at the moment!
  5. theprawncracker

...*laughs* Oh geez. See, folks? THIS is why you don't post things at midnight going on seven hours of sleep while being distracted by numerous text and instant messages. :p *shakes head* At least I got the title right! Good grief... Hahaha.
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Gee...And I thought the reason why I shouldn't post things at midnight going on seven hours of sleep while being distracted by numerous text and instant messages was because if I do, the sleep monsters are gunna getcha...
  7. theprawncracker

Who's to say they didn't? :shifty:
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Judging by his Muppet Mindset review, I guess it just didn't leave that much of an impression on him! :)

Great cover by Alverez... the other one... well, it looks kinda bland.
  9. David Petersen

David Petersen New Member

I did a cover for issue 1 as well, but I can't post it until Boom releases it first
  10. Amy

Amy Member

So just to really put the speculation to bed here:

Muppet King Arthur will be written by Paul Benjamin (writer of the Monsters Inc. comic) and Patrick Storck.

And as we've already established, Dave Alvarez is on art duties.

I'm also doing a special cover for each issue, but Boom! will announce where, when and how to get it when they're ready.
  11. Telly

Telly Active Member

I haven't gotten any of the comic books yet. I'm a bad Muppet fan. :(
  12. Drtooth

You know, I just picked a copy of that up a while ago. He really has such a handle on the Monsters Inc universe (even making nice callbacks to the movie)... and I'm sure he'll bring that sort of quality to the Muppets. Really... that was some sequal quality writing in that first issue. I gotta get more.

Sweet! He has such a great cartoony style that I just love when he draws them. Really... if there was ever a Muppet Cartoon series, they need to call him.
  13. theprawncracker

14. Amy

Amy Member

I am REALLY hoping that's not the final title font.

Geez, could it look any more slap-dash?
    Doesn't go with any of the art at all.
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I agree, the art is fantastic, but the logo at least needs a stamped base behind it or maybe just to go a different way with it. And that M is hard to read.

But again, that cover is pretty!
  16. theprawncracker

I honestly didn't even notice the title font until you said that... I was too mesmerized by the art. But now that you said that... yeah. Yeesh. No thanks.
  17. Drtooth

M? I thought that was a sideways B...

So this isn't Buppet King Arthur anymore? :D
  18. Amy

Amy Member

Well, I checked and no, that's not the final title font.
    It's just a temp one being used for the solicitations. The actual issues will have a different (better) one...

Old English typography will be pretty much a given ;)
  19. theprawncracker

So will John Cleese be drawing the typography?

...What? He IS an Old English! :zany:
  20. David Petersen

David Petersen New Member

This is going to be my cover for #1. I didn't have cover #2 done in time for solicitation and I guess Boom just used this as a place holder. However the printed versions will all get the right cover with the right issue*

*to my knowledge