Homemade Puppets

Animal31

Reaction score
Yes DEF keep us updated. These are amazing!
Also, can you please post the site that sells teh foam blocks? Wal mart used to sell them for $10-$15 (2 different sizes) but no longer carry them, which is a let down
Have you ever used Walmart's "Full Fleece"? I'm new at this, so I apologize for my stupidity, but I hear everyone talk about the Antron Fleece and wonder why is it so much better?

TML

Reaction score
Have you ever used Walmart's "Full Fleece"? I'm new at this, so I apologize for my stupidity, but I hear everyone talk about the Antron Fleece and wonder why is it so much better?
The butterfly is made from polar fleece. She looks fine, but the seams are very visible running down her face. It's all a matter of what you're looking for. I wanted to make her kinda quick so I used polar fleece and machine sewed it.

TML

Reaction score
Last week was spring break. Some people go on vacation, I spent it making a Kermit the Frog replica using the MR poser as a reference and the Project Puppet sock pattern. I am very proud of it. I hope you like it :smile:

Animal31

Reaction score
That's incredible, well done! How long did he take you to do?

TML

Reaction score
Kermit took the whole week, but I spent like 8 to ten hours a day for four or five days! I'm working on carving a Gonzo from a block of reticulated foam & converting an Animal MR poser to a puppet. :halo:

ploobis

Reaction score
Hi ho! I've been a member for a while here an post from time to time. I teach elementary art and about two years ago I decided to start using puppets in my classroom to help with boring things like classroom management, how to use materials, and how to clean up. I made three original puppets using project puppet patterns, then I tried making a a couple Sesame Street characters: Elmo & Cookie Monster, using Project Puppet patterns as a starting point. By having my puppets interact with the Sesame Street ones, it gives them street cred in the kid's eyes! Here's a link, I hope you enjoy. :insatiable:

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e238/toddscustomfigures/Puppet Making/
Wow! Love your Kermit replica and Penguins! :smile: :zany: