Pretzel M&M's

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pizza flavored Goldfish crackers (not the MSG flavor blast kind). Sounds gross, but surprisingly yummy. :insatiable:
I have to say, I have a problem with Pizza flavored anything that isn't Pizza. Of course, nothing can quite capture the feeling of biting into a warm enough slice that the cheese is gooey, but solidifying, but the slice doesn't burn the heck out of the roof of your mouth. But even without that, it's like marinara flavored at best. I've had Pizza chips and crackers before... they tasted alright, but a LOT more like red sauce than an actual pizza.

But chocolate covered Pretzels? That's MY jam! it took the candy bar industry years to finally tap into this medium, staring with the Take 5 bar... but it also had Carmel and Peanut Butter and something else. Pretzel M&M's has a much better balance, and I REALLY dig them... but the shape is a bit off... though, it is pretty much like a dipped pretzel rod. I like the actual twisted ones myself.

I will say, I'm glad they kept on the Dark Chocolate M's... they were only originally made for a Star Wars promotion (The Dark side and all that), but the balance between the bittersweet chocolate and the sugary shell was amazing. Of course, the white chocolate M's from pirates of the Caribbean.... those were WAAAAAAAY too sweet.

Still... I miss Cookies and Creme Twix.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I have to say, I have a problem with Pizza flavored anything that isn't Pizza.
Yeah, I kinda lost interest after finding out that the vomit flavored Jelly Belly jellybeans were the result of a failed attempt at a pizza flavor. :stick_out_tongue:

Xerus

Reaction score
At a local Dollar General Store, I discovered a bag of Burger King Onion Rings. They weren't actual onion rings, but cripsy rings with a spicy flavor.

APRena

Reaction score
Amen. :big_grin: lately more places have been selling American lollies and biscuits and the like, and... guh, they feel so exotic to me. :smile: I tried peanut-butter M&Ms not so long ago and they are wondrous. Also: your soft-drinks are fantastic. Although I once drank a Tab from 1993. :stick_out_tongue:
Lol, it's weird to think of sweets as "exotic". I prefer Reese's Pieces, though, which are pretty much the same thing. Yes, Americans like soda. A LOT. (*guilty RC addict*) We invented Mountain Dew, jeluz? (Even though I think it's awful, it's more American than apple pie.)

Pizza Goldfish are also gross, but does anyone remember the Doritos that were like half buffalo and half bleu cheese? :stick_out_tongue:

aussiepuppeteer

Reaction score
yeah kiki, haha, i remember that comp. i have to admit i was grossed out a little when someone suggested fairy floss flavoured chips :eek: lol, n just the other day i saw a purple can of grape flavoured fanta at a local produce place, 'She's Apples' in Gawler. that was cool :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Amen. :big_grin: lately more places have been selling American lollies and biscuits and the like, and... guh, they feel so exotic to me. :smile: I tried peanut-butter M&Ms not so long ago and they are wondrous. Also: your soft-drinks are fantastic. Although I once drank a Tab from 1993. :stick_out_tongue:
Yo... uh, what country are you from? American candies aren't all that special, trust me. At least, the ones that are available nationally. There are some great regional things, but you have to look for them at these hard to get to places.

But here's the deal....

We basically have 3 main candy companies that make candy bars... Nestle, Mars and Hershey. Since they have a very big hold on the market, they have to add variety to their own lines by making limited edition variations on already available candy bars. I.E. these M&M's. Sometimes, they just swap out milk chocolate for other kinds and that's the only real variety there is. But sometimes they do change the shape (changing shape makes the mouth feel different, and sometimes it changes the ratio of chocolate to filling) and the filling.

But we basically get variations on these bars:

• Reese's PB Cups
  • Nestle Crunch (though, frankly, they didn't fiddle around with it in YEARS)
  • M&M's
  • Twix (they last the shortest of them all)
  • Milky Way
  • Snickers

And I really think it lacks variety that way. Personally, every so often, I'll try to get a European candy bar. Other than the fact they have higher purity standards than ours, they have fillings we in the US can only dream of. I mean, Lion bar? Had that a couple times, and it was mmmm-magic. And don't get me started on kinder surprise eggs... I HATE the fact they can't really sell them in the US (outside of import store, of course) because some nearsighted Granny gave one to a 3 year old... Well, one that Nestle tried to mass market, anyway. But the chocolate on those things alone..... oooh... thin layer of white choclate on the inside. I almost don't mind getting a goofy prize.

Kiki

Reaction score
I should've made myself more clear- I'm Australian, DrTooth, and I've never been to the States. It's just interesting to come across the different types. For fun my dad and I went to an American grocery store and it was a pretty surreal experience for me, esp. having a granola-head for a mum, heh. xD I think it was more of a novelty store, because I highly doubt your grocery stores consist of just exclusively lollies and the like. ALSO- you're variety of cereals are like, wow. I mean, you guys have so much of it. Our most sugary cereal is either fruit-loops of coco-pops, but you guys have bleeding marshmallows and wafer in your's! xDD Maybe I get shocked by really simplistic things, I don't know. x3

Barbecue flavored chips are pretty good, but a meat flavor? And kangaroo meat at that? That has to be one of the weirdest chip flavors I've ever heard of. :concern: (Then again, this is coming from the kid who likes sour cream and cheddar Ruffles chips.)
Sour cream and cheddar ish delish. =D And yeah, it is a /really/ weird flavor, I couldn't tell you how real it tasted, since I've never tried actual kangaroo meat, but it wasn't bad. I wish I remembered the other flavors, they were pretty weird if I remember rightly, too.

Lol, it's weird to think of sweets as "exotic". I prefer Reese's Pieces, though, which are pretty much the same thing. Yes, Americans like soda. A LOT. (*guilty RC addict*) We invented Mountain Dew, jeluz? (Even though I think it's awful, it's more American than apple pie.)

Pizza Goldfish are also gross, but does anyone remember the Doritos that were like half buffalo and half bleu cheese? :stick_out_tongue:
For ages I thought you guys were referring to goldfish-flavored crackers. xD Mm-mm. x3 Wow, half-buffalo/bleu cheese? THAT'S weird, did they taste any good? :wink:

Mountain Dew- I AM jealous! I love that stuff! :stick_out_tongue: But hey, we invented... um... um... Minties! I think. :stick_out_tongue: Actually, maybe they're from New Zealand. x3 But we DID invent Freddo Frogs, which is pretty darn awesome. =D

Yeah, there are a number of shops here that sell American confectionary and soft-drinks. Man... you guys sure like your soft-drinks, but I must say, I do like Dr. Pepper and Tab. Australia /used/ to have cherry Coke, but that was only for a limited time. :stick_out_tongue: Reese's Pieces are godly, btw. The peanut butter cuppy-things are teh best. But no offense, Twizzler's are icky. :stick_out_tongue: They have no flavor- is it because they're fat-free or something?

yeah kiki, haha, i remember that comp. i have to admit i was grossed out a little when someone suggested fairy floss flavoured chips lol, n just the other day i saw a purple can of grape flavoured fanta at a local produce place, 'She's Apples' in Gawler. that was cool
I tried grape Fanta once which I got from a shop called the Sugar Station! =D It's really nice, trust me. And I found another really weird favor when my friend took me to this massive grocery store specializing in Asian foods (Pocky ftw :stick_out_tongue:), and they also had already-made Milo in a can. x3
Wow- fairy-floss flavoured? Insane!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I should've made myself more clear- I'm Australian, DrTooth, and I've never been to the States. It's just interesting to come across the different types. For fun my dad and I went to an American grocery store and it was a pretty surreal experience for me, esp. having a granola-head for a mum, heh. xD I think it was more of a novelty store, because I highly doubt your grocery stores consist of just exclusively lollies and the like. ALSO- you're variety of cereals are like, wow. I mean, you guys have so much of it. Our most sugary cereal is either fruit-loops of coco-pops, but you guys have bleeding marshmallows and wafer in your's! xDD Maybe I get shocked by really simplistic things, I don't know. x3

I guess it depends on how rare these things are. I have to admit, I've lost 90% of my taste for cereal marshmallows, since they're basically dehydrated sugar cubes that don't fluff up when in contact with milk like they're supposed to. Plus, the cereals we have are so uncreative now. Chalk that up to the phony baloney sense of health that's sweeping through. No longer do we have cartoon character based concoctions. And even if we do, it's overly grainy "chocolate" flavored stuff with those said marshmallows... and If I want that, I'll get Count Chocula... the way a REAL chocolate Marshmallow cereal is supposed to taste.

Here's something... there was once a mass marketed cereal that had real bits of freeze dried ice cream in it. The 70's and 80's... even well into the 90's they were creative... now it's just the standbys, and they tinker with the formula to put a trace amount of Grain into them to fool people into thinking how healthy they are. And all it does is ruin the taste. Cocoa Puff were inedible until they changed the formula more or less back.

Every day I wake up praying this pretending to care about kids health crap is just a fad. Taking away cereals is NOT going to get little Jimmy off the couch playing 8 hours of a video game that isn't even age appropriate and actually do anything.

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
Pretzel M&M's are delightfully good, and I hope they stick around. I LOVED Crispy M&Ms and was very disappointed when they disappeared off the market (although, not too long ago, I was happy to discover that it kind of came back in the form of Mint M&M's, don't know if they're still being sold or not...).

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
This is somewhat off topic, but my doctor suggested to use the mini M&Ms to practice swallowing pills. I was just wondering if they still make those. :confused: