Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
There is no real change here. Super Grover 2.0 is ONLY 2.0 in that segment. He appeared in today's episode's main story line in his classic homemade looking outfit.
I know. I just thought that was wried that he was classic Super Grover in the street story but, was 2.O. in the segment.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I've noticed Super Grover still in his old attire in today's ep, well I guess it was yesterday's, but today was the first chance I got to see it. I guess the new uniform is just for that segment. It was good to see Big Bird in the street story as well, but still a disappointment that he's only going to be in four episodes this season. So far we've had this episode and he appeared in part with the "What I Am" song. I know he's going to be in a street story later this season about the bird bath. Then one more, so that may be it. Hopefully next season will improve on that.

Super Grover: Shhhh. I don't want anyone to know my secret identity.

Lol. He's about 40 years too later for that. (I know that wasn't in this episode, but I forgot to mention that before.)

I also liked Super Grover's horsefly call, but I was sort of hoping his usual Wonderhorse Fred would appear there.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It was good to see Big Bird in the street story as well, but still a disappointment that he's only going to be in four episodes this season. So far we've had this episode and he appeared in part with the "What I Am" song. I know he's going to be in a street story later this season about the bird bath. Then one more, so that may be it. Hopefully next season will improve on that.
Actually, the four episodes he's in doesn't include that segment. He's in the "Snuffle Sneeze" episode, the "Up in the Air" episode and the "Puddle Jumping" episode.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So did True Mud have an ending that explained why the main character took a mudbath despite not being a grouch?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Not really. Everyone else wanted a mud bath too, so I guess their assumptions were put to rest.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Actually, the four episodes he's in doesn't include that segment. He's in the "Snuffle Sneeze" episode, the "Up in the Air" episode and the "Puddle Jumping" episode.
Oh, okay. I didn't think BB's brief cameo there would have counted. Just wanted to verify. Lol. Thanks for that info.

CookieCountDawn

Reaction score
Season 41 is okay so far. However, I do not like the reused Murray bumpers.

Here are my favourite segments/skits/songs from the episodes that have aired:
- Super Grover 2.0
- The Closer
- "What I Am"
- Two Headed Monster: 14 animals
- True Mud

Frank

beakerboy12

Reaction score
My favorites from Season 41 so far would be: the What I Am segment, Two-Headed Monster's 14 segment, The Closer, Super Grover 2.0, and RSI: Rhyme Scene Investigation (CSI parody).

True Mud wasn't to me, the funniest parody.Murray, I have to say is a little overused. The street scenes are nice, the only ones I think weren't the best was the chicken one and What's That Noise. Let's just wait for more tomorrow!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4218: The Furry Four.
Sponsors:
Airdate: October 4, 2010.
Season: Season 41.

Cold Opening: What's the Word on the Street?
Activate.

Street Story:
Telly reads about the Furry Four's adventure to Elmo and Abby, who then pretend to be the heroes themselves.
Elmo becomes Furry Flash, Abby the Furry Tornado, and Telly is Mr. Furry.
I'll get to my grievances at the end of this outline review, so please read to the end if you care about that.
María and the kids come in and take Rosita and Zoe away to plant flowers in the garden, thwarting the group's first recruiting attempt.
The chicken leaves them in a huff...
Who was that AM monster that broke his back trying to lift the mailbox?
They finally draft Chris who's a fan of the heroes to be Mr. Furry Muscles...
Why does each episode have to have a song embedded into the storyline? And some of them get annoying quick.
Chris then serves Leela a sandwich while still in character.

Celebrity/Muppets: Chris demonstrates "activate" by pressing different buttons to start up his robot.
Letter of the Day: Murray raps about words starting and then ending in X.
Muppets: Cookie Monster sings about an X-ray, is this one of those Sesame English bits?
AFFS: Colonial Trolliamsburgh.
Okay, so I know this one's a repeat, but it's one of the segments I wanted to see the most because of my memories of having gone to Colonial Williamsburgh back when I was much younger.
Wait, they need help to spot the solution to answer the Bridge Troll's riddle? Good to know that Abby's school is just as bad off as other educational institutions.
And rain just killed the signal...
And now I've got local station promos? ***?
Great, there goes the rest of the episode, replaced by Sid and something else.

*Strikes PBS afiliate with thunderblast.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone else get the joke that a super hero team episode is brought to you by the letter X?

Pretty good opening story, pretty good Ernie and Bert. Cute bit with that Muppet little girl singing about her hair... everything else was a rerun of stuff from LAST YEAR. I really dislike this whole budgetary constraint of having to rerun the freshly seen stuff everyone was sick of seeing over and over from the last season. I don't see why they can't just have a year respite for this stuff. I mean, Abby and the Murray segments are one thing... but was there any need to rerun the same Sesame Street English x, the same 4 beat boxers, and the same Set your Piggies Free? You have 41 years of letter x's and number 4's if you wanna be cheap about it. We desperately need new letter and number segments...

And more Salty and Pierre.