Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It seems like this season they're trying to use more HD stuff. I have no doubt that the show will be completely HD in a few years. But, yeah, using a lot of new stuff from last year isn't very effective.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It seems like this season they're trying to use more HD stuff. I have no doubt that the show will be completely HD in a few years. But, yeah, using a lot of new stuff from last year isn't very effective.
I hope that's not the only reason they're rerereusing things we've already seen. I'm sure they could fudge at least SOME 1990's clips to look HD. I know they're strapped and need to reuse footage. Why not use something good?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Why I don't get is why other co-productions still get to use old material. I mean, Sesamstrasse is now in wide-screen, and they show at least one old Muppet bit an episode. And on Sesamstraat, they still show Forgetful Jones. They don't even show Oscar on Plaza Sesamo anymore and they still get Forgetful?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Have any 1990s segments even been on the show this season? It's bad enough that they stopped showing Jim Henson's performances a few years ago (and I prefer the '80s to the '90s, and the '70s to the '80s).

It will be sad if we get to the first-ever season since season 35 to not include Nora Jones' "Don't Know Y".

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So far, there haven't been an 90's segments shown. And "Don't Know Y" wasn't shown in season 39. I'm glad if they don't use it again, they used it all the time.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So far, there haven't been an 90's segments shown. And "Don't Know Y" wasn't shown in season 39. I'm glad if they don't use it again, they used it all the time.
Wow, it seems the 1990s is getting phased out faster than the 1970s and 1980s have.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
My stupid DVR won't show the episode. I'm worried I won't see a new episode again. Could someone on here please upload the new stuff on YouTube?

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
The Aaron Neville version of I Don't Want to Live on the Moon was seen on season 39 and that was the last clip with Henson;s voice to date.

ssetta

Reaction score
I wanted to elaborate more on the fact that they practically don't show any old material at all this season. They haven't even shown anything from the 2000s, nevermind the 90s. And I do think HD might be one reason for it, and I guess it would make sense. But I still think they should show at least a clip or two in each episode from before Season 37 or so.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think the new segments this year are really good so far! I really liked the Hair song from today's episode.