Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

Drtooth

Reaction score
I stand corrected. These reruns are actually from season 39. here's the page for a rundown

Anyway... ugh. You're right. Not only do they used the same footage of AFFS and EBGA (which is to be expected) but even the letter and number segments are exactly the same. Not even a change in order, and the letter and number segments are literally MARRIED to the ones they showed before. Talk about lazy. Makes me think this was indeed a rush job.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
My DVR worked for the last episode so here's my thoughts: The street story was decent. The fanatastic 4 parody was cleaver, Joey's squiarl, and Chris' acting as Furry Musscels cracked me up. The new Bert and Ernie Adventure was good. It's the first episode that shows E&B in their trademark outfits. The Hair song was cute! I wonder who did her voice? She's got good pipes. I still can't comment on the one from Friday.
Yeah. I've noticed that they haven't shown the claymation E & B in their regular clothing until today's episode. That is sort of strange, but nice to see.

Mupp

Reaction score
Anyway... ugh. You're right. Not only do they used the same footage of AFFS and EBGA (which is to be expected) but even the letter and number segments are exactly the same. Not even a change in order, and the letter and number segments are literally MARRIED to the ones they showed before. Talk about lazy. Makes me think this was indeed a rush job.
I have missed a couple of episodes, but I too am upset that so much has been recycled.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's my big epic review of today's episode...

The Big Bad Wolf was fun and they need to give the stupid kids painting a mural a rest already!

(They reused THAT much!):grouchy:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4219: The Whoosh and Vanish Mystery.
Sponsors: J, 17.
Airdate: October 4, 2010.
Season: Season 41.

Cold Opening: What's the Word on the Street?
Investigate.

Street Story:
Elmo and Telly are playing basketball, then head off to get a power snack from Chris.
They get some apples... But then return to find the basketball's gone.
Telly seems much more in scientific command now that he's playing "investigator".
Abby suddenly appears... Becoming Suspect #1. She even has an alibi, and Chris vouches for her what with the seven tiny bowls of soup she's picking up for the 7 Dwarves.
Telly puts down his pad and crayon on the table as they check underneath... And then the items disappear also.
Both investigators hear a "whoosh" noise... Which leads them to question the Big Bad Wolf as Suspect #2.
The Big Bad Wolf now works as a beautician/blow drier? Anybody besides me get the reference to the Disney movie Halloween Town?
Who was the wolf's client? Her Zsa Zsa accent was well done.
After Telly's hat disappears they feel a tickle along with the whoosh sound.
Now Leela's taken the role of lead investigator... And it just became predictable as the episode moved along.
Good to see Telly's still somewhat doubtful about others' hypotheses.
They end up using a leaf to see if the wind is their culprit... And it gets solved with a musical number.

Celebrity/Muppets: Collinn Ferril and Elmo explain the word "investigate" by investigating.
Murray makes a cameo by walking into the sketch.
Letter of the Day: Bring out Your J.
Jacket, jelly, jewelry, jumping, joy.
Sesame English: Elmo sings about "jacket".
Something that makes me want the Jumping with the Letter J/J-Animals animated bit?
Affs: Time to Recycle.
Oh, this one's the one with Gene the Genie.
Too bad Sesame has been recycling far too much of their segments from this year and last.
Number of the Day: Murray and the kids count 17 pieces of chalk.
Sketch: 17 Kids-Painted Mural.
Super Grover 2.0: Sandlot Days.
Repeat of the cactus piercing his ball... *Gets ready for Drtooth's rockthrow at the TV for repeating a SG 2.0 segment sooooooo early in the season.
Song: Play Ball.
Muppets: Murray shows outside and inside.
Animation/Film: Another of those weird ones with just musical instruments.
Muppets: Guess The Seasons.
Cute... But I prefer Cookie Monster's "Another Season" and Guy Smiley's "I'll Love You In Springtime" better.
Elmo's World: Eyes.
Closing: Murray rewinds to the sponsors.

An okay episode I guess...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I was thinking they wouldn't re-use "Guess the Seasons" 'cause of that awful Zoe puppet it in. I stand corrected.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Animation/Film: Another of those weird ones with just musical instruments.
This segment (I think) was new. Let me help you out with what happened:

There's several shots of empty plastic bags blowing around in the wind. It takes place in NYC (or another large city).

So we see this guy picking them up and getting an idea from one bag that is being lifted by air from the subway grate. You see him go all "Red Green Show" with some duct tape. Next thing you know, here's this animal (sort of a cross between a camel and a doe) made completely from plastic bags taped together. It's standing on the subway grate, inflated by the air. (It works like one of those "wacky waving inflatable arm-flailing tube men" they have at car lots). Kids go by, they laugh, they smile, they touch it, etc. It deflates, the kid frowns, it re-inflates, the kid smiles again.

Hope this helps.

I know yesterday was a repeat, but man...I was glad to see "The Golden Triangle of Destiny". I'm sick of every street story having Elmo in it, followed by the celebrity "Hi, I'm so and so" "AND ELMO'S ELMO" immediately afterward. It was nice to have at least ten minutes of SS that was free of the little red furball.

Please tell me that we're going to see Big Bird soon...Oscar, Cookie, even more Telly...

Convincing John

Convincing John

Reaction score
I was thinking they wouldn't re-use "Guess the Seasons" 'cause of that awful Zoe puppet it in. I stand corrected.
I know! This is from the same people who don't want to use anything older because it might confuse kids to see an older Ernie and Bert sketch (with Jim and Frank) with a new one (with Steve and Eric).

SW Exec 1: "Yes, Ernie and Bert are wonderful and yes, Jim Henson was all well and good, but we can't show any of their classic bits anymore because they don't have Elmo or Abby in them. Plus, Steve Whitmire does Ernie now and we don't want kids thinking Ernie has two voices or something."

SW Exec 2: "Okay, but what do we air in it's place? We have only so many acceptable clips."

SW Exec 3: "Hey, here's something just right." (Looks at DVD) "'Guess the Seasons' starring Rosita, Abby and Homunculus Zoe'. Perfect! Here, tell the folks in editing to air this."

Convincing John

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I mean, I love the song (one of the best Season 40 bits), and I though it would be a shame if they didn't use it again 'cause of that terrible puppet. It seems like a good example of what you're saying though.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
''A hippopotamus?''
''No, a hypothesis''

Oh, poor Elmo can't remember what he learned last week in ''The Happy Scientists''!:rolleyes: