Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

ssetta

Reaction score
I was so glad to see the number 17 mural film. They finally showed something from the 90s.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I have missed a couple of episodes, but I too am upset that so much has been recycled.
I have to agree with that. I'm watching the 'Whoosh and Vanish Mystery' episode now and I was excited that they had Super Grover 2.0, but then I found that it was the cactus episode that I just saw recently. Plus I missed the one in the first ep. I'm hoping they'll air new segments of that later this season.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Muppets: Guess The Seasons.
Cute... But I prefer Cookie Monster's "Another Season" and Guy Smiley's "I'll Love You In Springtime" better.
Also, that was repeated from last season when Zoe had that freaky hairstyle. I see what you're saying. Showing those classic clips would have been much better.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's kidna sad that the mural film would be something of excitement in the episode.

Mupp

Reaction score
Also, I have a complaint, this is not limited to season 41;

I am sick of seeing nothing but Telly, Elmo, Abby, Rosita, Baby Bear, and Zoe involved in street stories.

Yes, recently they have used some of the more classic characters, but not too much.

Would it kill them to have Grover, Cookie, Big Bird, Oscar, or Bert heavily involved in a street story? It just doesn't happen very often anymore, and I'm tired of seeing street stores with mostly characters that got their start in the early 90's and beyond.

gail

Reaction score
I have to agree with that. I'm watching the 'Whoosh and Vanish Mystery' episode now and I was excited that they had Super Grover 2.0, but then I found that it was the cactus episode that I just saw recently. Plus I missed the one in the first ep. I'm hoping they'll air new segments of that later this season.
I kind of liked when the yellow ball was losing air and Grovey thought a snake was in it and said something like "I think this snake is blowing in my ear"!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Also, I have a complaint, this is not limited to season 41;

I am sick of seeing nothing but Telly, Elmo, Abby, Rosita, Baby Bear, and Zoe involved in street stories.

Yes, recently they have used some of the more classic characters, but not too much.

Would it kill them to have Grover, Cookie, Big Bird, Oscar, or Bert heavily involved in a street story? It just doesn't happen very often anymore, and I'm tired of seeing street stores with mostly characters that got their start in the early 90's and beyond.
One can never be tired of Telly and Baby Bear! The first several episodes this season have a lot of Elmo. Nine street scenes this season (not counting the repeat episodes) won't have him in the street story. It's not much, but it's actually more than last year. Oscar'll have two episodes to himself, Big Bird and Snuffy with two episodes about them, Bert's got one coming up, Cookie makes appearances in assorted plots and Grover's in a few.

Drtooth

Reaction score
''A hippopotamus?''
''No, a hypothesis''

Oh, poor Elmo can't remember what he learned last week in ''The Happy Scientists''!
That was the only thing outside of the Big Bad Wolf that made me chuckle... the fact that Elmo did the same joke Telly did. Why, it might be a running gag this season.

One can never be tired of Telly and Baby Bear! The first several episodes this season have a lot of Elmo. Nine street scenes this season (not counting the repeat episodes) won't have him in the street story. It's not much, but it's actually more than last year. Oscar'll have two episodes to himself, Big Bird and Snuffy with two episodes about them, Bert's got one coming up, Cookie makes appearances in assorted plots and Grover's in a few.
While I never care for episodes where Elmo is pasted in or the star of (unless paired up with the three characters I mentioned, again, Grover, Oscar, and Zoe), there's no doubt in my mind I'll run to any episode that features Baby Bear and Telly. By far, Telly and Baby Bear have some of the funniest episodes a season, and there's an amazing chemistry between the two that's far more organic than just Elmo with just anyone else. I think they are the two most underrated characters on the show, even when they're on a great deal of the time.

Gets ready for Drtooth's rockthrow at the TV for repeating a SG 2.0 segment sooooooo early in the season.
I'm not mad... just disappointed. I'm much more depressed by SW's budget crunch than anything else. I really wish they made more of these... they're the best thing to hit SS in years, and they only limited them to making 6. And yes, I don't like reruns this early in the season.

This segment (I think) was new. Let me help you out with what happened:

There's several shots of empty plastic bags blowing around in the wind. It takes place in NYC (or another large city).

So we see this guy picking them up and getting an idea from one bag that is being lifted by air from the subway grate. You see him go all "Red Green Show" with some duct tape. Next thing you know, here's this animal (sort of a cross between a camel and a doe) made completely from plastic bags taped together. It's standing on the subway grate, inflated by the air. (It works like one of those "wacky waving inflatable arm-flailing tube men" they have at car lots). Kids go by, they laugh, they smile, they touch it, etc. It deflates, the kid frowns, it re-inflates, the kid smiles again.
Very boring segment. It looked like something from a bank commercial. I could almost here an announcer say "When a company pretends to think about the environment, anything can happen. Switch to our insecure online checking account and save paper... and almost 5 cents a transaction!"

Yeah, Now I'm even more annoyed about you know what getting banned. They paid celebrity appearance fees, music licensing fees, and the time and trouble to film the thing... and we're not even going to see it. The rest of the time to save money so we could have seen it, we have to see reruns of reruns we've already seen in reruns. Kinda stinks... I wish I had some money right now... I'd buy everyone here a Sesame Street T-Shirt so they could get more money to go back into projects.

Mupp

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. Telly and Baby Bear and great, especially together.

But I don't want to the show to be dominated by all of the newer Muppets. At times, classic characters like Grover, Cookie, and Bert have been seen so little, that one would wonder if they ever live on the street anymore!