"The Muppets" Teaser Trailer in US Theaters

Oscarfan

Reaction score
God, the suspense is killing me! I need to see this trailer!

pete1974

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the title was changed from the far more creative "THE GREATEST MUPPET MOVIE EVER MADE" to the far more bland "The Muppets"?

terrimonster

Reaction score
I loved the trailer! But I was disappointed with the crowd reaction. It was overall good, with some laughs at Kermit's appearance and at the one-liner after Crazy Harry comes in, but I expected more (from the audience). Then the Zookeeper trailer got a big reaction, which really brought me down about their response to The Muppets. I guess I should be happy that it got a mostly positive reaction, even if they aren't all big fans like me.

Anyway, I thought it was really well-done and a good way to introduce the movie and start to re-introduce the Muppets. A standard trailer that just features Muppets from beginning to end probably wouldn't work as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyways, glad it's finally out...though sounds pretty short. Given all the reviews make POTC4 out to be a total mess and borderline horrible, I'm not sure I can justify the $11-$15 to see it.
I still wonder why they made a 4th one, considering how many problems I heard they had making this one. I want to see it in time, but I don't have the money to see it this week. And YES, I'd buy the ticket just for the trailer. Again, I sat through Night at the Museum 2 for Oscar and Darth Vader. Worth it. Money was the only thing stopping me from seeing the Fantasmagorioum Emporium of Professor Hugo Schmagorium or whatever that was for the Kermit cameo.

Hopefully this will be attached to another film a while later.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I totally can't wait to see the trailer tonight at a local drive-in that shows new movies! Seeing that trailer on the gigantic screen is going to be epic! I am kinda sad that it sounds pretty short, but I still can't wait!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Terrimonster, Cookie did you see the movie in 3D? I saw it in 2D and was INCREDIBLY disappointed that the trailer was NOT included. I'm wondering if it's because I didn't see the 3D but I'm not sure. Any thoughts?

terrimonster

Reaction score
I saw it in 2D. I don't know if the "rules" about trailers have changed, but in the past studios would "attach" only one trailer to a film. This would be the last trailer, and would typically be literally attached to the first reel (obviously different with so many digitally-projected films now). For other trailers, the studio might recommend and provide trailers, but theaters were free to switch them up. I'm wondering if that's the case here - Disney sent out a Muppets trailer but didn't attach it, and some theaters opted for others.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I saw it in 2D. I don't know if the "rules" about trailers have changed, but in the past studios would "attach" only one trailer to a film. This would be the last trailer, and would typically be literally attached to the first reel (obviously different with so many digitally-projected films now). For other trailers, the studio might recommend and provide trailers, but theaters were free to switch them up. I'm wondering if that's the case here - Disney sent out a Muppets trailer but didn't attach it, and some theaters opted for others.
Well... whatever the case, I'm incredibly perturbed. Thanks for letting me know!

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i really want to see this trailer i'm still not surprised it has not surfaced youtube usually it is 1 second till something like this surfaces but still adds to excitement also there 164 people looking at this thread thats the most people i've seen looking at a thread