1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

"The Muppets" Teaser Trailer in US Theaters

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Frogpuppeteer, May 19, 2011.

1. fozziecub10

fozziecub10 New Member

Thanx Dude

I think its about time they release movies on the same days worldwide to stop the prating anyways lol

2. kymie

kymie New Member

Thanks for that The Captain! Im still hoping we get to see the trailer sometime soon over here!

3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

If Piggy was in Paris, Fozzie in Reno, and Animal in an LA rehab for madness...

They should have had Crazy Harry at some Islamic Jihadist training camp in tribal Pakistan, then gotten rejected for being too "extreme"

4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Bit too far, Beaker?

Until someone pointed out the similarities, I had NEVER seen him as a racial stereotype -- just as a crazed pyrotechnician.

5. SuperGonzo

SuperGonzo New Member

I guess I understand Disney's reasoning in not putting it online yet but at the same time *rage smash* Why isn't it online yet?

6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Seems that POTC did very well over the weekend... so that's a VERY good sign they picked the right movie to attach this one to. Hopefully LOTS of people saw the trailer and are as excited as us.

7. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Disney may not want to put the trailer online now, but I wonder if they'll change their minds after it's been out for a few months (when POTC would have gotten a DVD release and likely been out of the theaters).

8. Drtooth

By the time POTC comes out, the movie will either be out or very close to it. Soonest I could see, if this is successful or it tanks in coming weeks, would be September.

The trailer SHOULD be all over the internet by then. We'd actually have several trailers by then.

9. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i say give the trailer atleast a month before its out...like someone said since it starts out as a "Fake" movie billing at as the Muppets trailer spoils the surprise

10. NotAnotherSN

NotAnotherSN New Member

Just joined to let you guys know, the new trailer is on the FRONT PAGE of the Dinsey website with the fake title "Green With Envy." ENJOY!

11. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for joining and posting. We're talking about the on-line trailer here...

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=53272

12. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Just saw the teaser today! I am so psyched! A bunch of my friends sent it to me too, knowing I'd want to see it as well. :)

13. Drtooth

Just an unrelated addendum to a previous post... I can't remember if I put it here or somewhere else, but someone was wondering why there wasn't all this Green Lantern stuff all over the place.

Check the stores now. They miraculously popped up in the past couple weeks.

So... uh... Muppet movie could be like that too, I guess or something...

14. Canadian Fan

Canadian Fan Member

What a nice birthday surprise to wake up to! Now I definitely will be taking my niece to the movie.

15. firestarter

firestarter New Member

That was a great trailer. I like how, the movie at first is about the couple. Then right out of the blue, the muppets show up. Can't wait to see it this November

16. kymie

kymie New Member

17. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Ohh Wow!

18. terrimonster

terrimonster Active Member

It doesn't look like an actual trailer. Is this what they played at the Segel/Adams publicity thing? It's obviously real clips from the movie. I wonder if it's leaked.

I also wonder if Danny Trejo's cameo is the one that was originally supposed to be Charles Grodin's.

EDIT:
    I take that back. If I'd checked my sources I'd know it was official. It just doesn't look like something that would be theatrical.

But I still wonder about Trejo.

19. firestarter

firestarter New Member

That was a great clip. I really like how machete is in this movie. You know the uncle from spy kids (which there will be another movie btw). Going to be a great movie (I hope).

20. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

Love danny trejo's cameo...makes me laugh even with such a small moment...am a huge fan knowing his past and hearing he was in this movie shows how much of a nice guy he truly is and enjoys having fun