"The Muppets" Teaser Trailer in US Theaters

Drtooth

Reaction score
Given the goldfish memory of the public, I think you're right. This isn't the same as election year cycle media blitzing.
Yeah, that and the fact they were filming the movie at the time... if they rushed out a teaser, they probably could have got one in before Tron, but that would have been a long shot. And to unveil a big movie like that, you're going to want to do it on a movie people will actually see.

I went to see Hoodwinked 2 as solidarity for the writer of the true Fraggle Rock movie that's never going to happen, and you could tell someone knew the film was going to flop. The only trailers attached to it were of lame Walden Media type kid and tween movies based on books I never heard of that look like they had extremely low budgets... and the Pooh trailer that was out for a while. The trailers that were new were unimportant films that are clearly getting a theatrical release as a contractual obligation, but will make their money back when they hit DVD.

Putting the Muppet trailer before Jungle Cats, Prom, or... that other thing (makes the face characters on Soul Eater make when they see Excalibur upon it's mere thought) wouldn't have been a big blitz or even much hype for the film. Pirates? Disney's first summer blockbuster contender in May? Perfect timing.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i wi9sh this was on youtube which it soon will surface somewhere but when you type it in you know everyone is fake some even say part 1 new muppet movie gotta love fools that think people are that stupid to think it is out

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I've heard from a few fairly reputable sources that the trailer is being withheld from internet release because it plays so much better in theaters. Think of what you will with that... but Disney is obviously trying to attract people to the theaters merely to see this trailer with the movie--which is a brilliant plan, no matter how much it annoys us. But I have a feeling that the trailer will show up online by Monday after Disney rakes in all the weekend profits for Pirates that they can. But, according to a few sources, if you can get to the theater to see this trailer you really should. It sounds like it's tailor-made for theater viewing.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
thats probely true even if you love or hate potc muppet fans shall walk in for the trailer although it probely not going to be on our release of pirates we won't get the trailer cause we have to wait to 2012 till we get the film no fair if only are family could win the lottery so we could get to florida just for the film and buy those sesame street palisades prototypes from ebay :smile:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i remember back in the day people flocked to jay a silent bob strike back to see an attached trailer( forget which one think it was star wars) i even heard of people that left the theater right after the trailer was shown

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've heard from a few fairly reputable sources that the trailer is being withheld from internet release because it plays so much better in theaters. Think of what you will with that... but Disney is obviously trying to attract people to the theaters merely to see this trailer with the movie--which is a brilliant plan, no matter how much it annoys us.
I agree with that. They clearly WANT this movie to do well, and I think ANY trailer, even a bad one plays better in theaters. Though, this should hit online as soon as possible too. Get people who wouldn't care to see movies in theaters otherwise. Hit them from both ends when possible.

I just hope this plays before KFP2 as well.. i don't have the money to see both.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I may not have the chance to see the trailer today, unfortunately... :frown:

bluebomber95

Reaction score
I saw it last night and it was great. I went just for the trailer, but Pirates was entertaining and gave me something to do. I really want it to go online soon because there were a lot of quick clips that flashed before me that I didn't get to fully take in. However so far, it looks great.

Nick22

Reaction score
They need to put one online so I can see it! I doubt I'll be going to see POTC4 cause I haven't even seen the first three yet.

Aaron

Reaction score
You'd be able to follow the new one without seeing the others.