Smartest/dumbest Fraggle

Delta Shout

Reaction score
I'm surpised no one has mentioned Travelling Matt in conjunction with the Cockiest. Whether you define it as
being super confident that you're right, getting a bit carried away
or
where you're convinced you're better than everyone else and you consciously demontrate that--you go out of your way to make others feel inferior
I think Matt tends to demonstrate this in spades. In "Red's Blue Dragon", for example, he constantly patronises Red to the point where she does feel inferior. Also, in "Uncle Matt Comes Back" Matt is convinced that to find the Crystal Cavern he must follow his instinctual exploring methods and that no other way would be possible. Generally his postcards contain the same self-assured knowledge that he is correct.

If you take the definition of bravery from Childrens Fiction (i.e. doing something even though you are scared of it), I would think that Boober would have to be the Bravest. Though he is terrified of pretty much everything, he puts aside his worries to help his friends, such as in "Sidebottom Blues" where he stands up to Sidebottom even if it means being labelled as a goof and risks his life for the medicine to save Wembley from his deadly Bonkleberry allergy. Or in "River of Life", when he argues with the Gorgs and beg for mercy to the Silly Creatures for the life of his friends when all he wants to do is crawl under a rock and cower pathetically.

Of course, that would mean he would also take the prize for Most Terrified. (I'm sorry, I just can't bring myself to write scared with the suffix -est. It makes my inner spelling critic cringe)

Ugliest? Well, I'm not gonna go with the ones already mentioned (Large Marvin was shocking at first, but I grew to love him when I saw his cute lil' legs in "Trial of Cotterpin Doozer". Also, am I the only Marlon fangirl out there? C'mon the guy is awesome!), although Feeny's underdeveloped jaw leaves something to be desired.
I'm going to have to suggest the Background Fraggles as the ugliest. The more common BG Fraggles are fine, such as Morris, but sometimes you see a few which makes it look like they're part goldfish.

Coming first in both the Smartest and Dumbest categories is Henchy Fraggle. Smartest because he appears to organise everything for the World's Oldest Fraggle, and dumbest because he lets WO take the credit and bop him on the nose.

I'd like to cast my vote for Red being the Meanest Fraggle - hear me out, please!
My definition of mean will vary with yours, but in my opinion a mean comment or thought is more negative and depends on the perspective of the subject. 'Nasty', on the other hand, implies a bias against the subject and is rather aggressive.
Being mean towards someone is not synonamous with being nasty. For example, when I was in primary school there was a girl whom we shall refer to as Jessica, because that was her name. Now every lunchtime Jess would make mean comments about me, or what I brought for lunch. Eventually I was fed up and confronted her about it. It turned out that she had only thought of it as good-natured teasing. She had no idea it'd upset me. And if I hadn't taken such umbridge at the comments, I could see that they were meant in good spirit.
This is why I nominate Red as meanest Fraggle. She makes the most negative comments about her fellow Fraggles, that both the audience and they themselves could see as mean, but she never belives they're anything more than gentle ribbing. A good show of this is in "Boober Rock", Red makes up a song parody of the main theme, the title heading the episode. She thinks its a good joke, going so far as to say so, but Boober is upset by what she has done. Therefore, her thought was a good intention, but her actions were undoubtedly mean.

Frozann

Reaction score
Smartest -- Boober (book smart) and Gobo (street smart)
Does this one need explanation? Gobo is great at handling real situations, Boober on other hand is somewhat more educated. Cantus also seems to be wise and smart.
Dumbest -- it sounds somewhat offensive. Less smart, well, Wembley. He is absolutely no street smart. Uncle Travelling Matt, he is goofy and oblivious to things, not any less smart. I've seen this kind of people in real life, and it's not about their intelligence.
Sexiest -- I've got no names of Fraggles to fit to "sexy" definition. They weren't showed from this side, but Gobo is more likely to fit it.
Ugliest --every Fraggle is just a lil' beauty! :coy: My least favourite is first Gobo puppet, and maybe Mokey. I also can't stand Lou's design.
Funniest -- Wembley. He's funny.
Craziest -- Marlon, and I love him for that!
Silliest -- Red. "Hurray I'm first one in the pond today!!!" :excited: That's what I call silly.
Meanest -- I would agree with Delta Shout about Red.
Nicest -- Wembley. He plays his sweetest all time. Remember "We Love You, Wembley"? Runner-up is Mokey.

Oh, that's all.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Okay I think this would maybe make this good.

Bravest Fraggle: well all the fraggles are brave in their own way.

Smartest Fraggle: Gobo is the smartest Fraggle plus all fraggles have their own way of being smart. (Although I hear someone from youtube said sometimes fraggles are smarter then us humans.)

That's true! Gobo does have his "street smarts." Wembley doesn't have those kinds of smarts as Gobo, so he's the runner-up.

Dumbest Fraggle: Large Marvin Fraggle and Fenney Fraggle are the dunb ones but they are o.k. fraggles.

Yep! Those are "fair", but they are defionaetely not so smart at all.

Crazyest Fraggle: Well Marlon is the crazy one you can tell on the count of Wembey said marlon is a crazy fraggle.

I will agree with you and Wembley :coy:, Marlon is shifty and obessive, but I have no idea what he is so obessed about.

Nicest Fraggle: Most of the fraggles are nice so the most is Mokey Fraggle.

Mokey is definetely the nicest Fraggle.

Meanest Fraggle: I do think Traveling Matt's Uncle Gobo and Fishface From Mokey, then, and now are the mean ones.

Good point, Collgoff!

Outgoing Fraggle: Red and Gobo are the outgoing ones.
I feel so stupid for not posting this thread way earlier. The silliest Fraggle would be Red :excited: in my opinon.

Plus, I would go with Boober :sigh: as the most cowardly fraggle.

Grifoshka

Reaction score
Bravest Fraggle - Mokey. She may not be a bold hero, but she's no coward. After all, her job is going to the Gorg garden! She isn't even afraid to disagree with angry Red with a saw!
Smartest Fraggle - Gobo. In the society of silly creatures like Fraggles, the one with common sense should be considered the smartest.
Dumbest Fraggle - Feenie Fraggle doesn't seem that bright.
Sexiest Fraggle - Convincing John's lady helpers? I don't know.
Ugliest Fraggle - Probably Marlon (no offence to the Marlon fan-club here!:smile:)
Funniest Fraggle - Boober. Being the cynic he is, he gets the funniest lines and moments.
Craziest Fraggle - The World's Oldest Fraggle and Marlon have their moments.
Silliest Fraggle - The majority of background Fraggles. From the Fraggle Five, I'd say Red.
Meanest Fraggle - Hmm... I can only say Fishface.
Nicest Fraggle - Wembley is as nice as it gets.
Cockiest Fraggle - Gobo, Red and Uncle Matt, and they'll do their best to show each other who's the cockiest!
Most Outgoing Fraggle - Red, probably.

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Bravest: They all have their brave moments, I don't know if there is one that is truly braver than the other.
Smartest: Same as bravest
Dumbest: Uncle Traveling Matt
Sexiest: Well...I'm not exactly quite sure for this one...
Ugliest: Large Marvin and Marlon
Funniest: Wembley
Craziest: All of the Fraggles are crazy in their own way, so I don't think that there could be one Fraggle that is crazier than the other Fraggles.
Scarediest: Boober
Silliest: Wembley again :coy: (He's my favorite!)
Meanest: Wanderer McMooch, the Wizard, and the Mean Genie
Nicest: Mokey
Cockiest: Same as meanest
Most Outgoing: Red and Gobo; but just like a couple of others, all the Fraggles can be outgoing if they put their mind to it.
Most Persuasive: Convincing John

Slackbot

Reaction score
Hmm. Random thoughts here. Not going to post the most obvious choices 'cause, well, they're obvious.

Most Honest: Wembley. His moral compass is absolutely reliable.
Least Trustworthy: Convincing John. He's not bad, but he has the power to make anyone do anything, no matter how stupid, and he doesn't have the sense to use this power wisely. He's chaotic neutral. If Marlon uses him to convince the others to elect Marlon king, trouble.
Ugliest: Three-way tie. Rumple, because of that lopsided, stiff yet mushy head. Large Marvin, because he has hair growing out between his eyelids. Many background robo-Fraggles who have fish mouths!
Sexiest: Cantus. Yeah. He's exotic, he's mysterious, he's gifted, and, let's face it, for a guy his age to be wandering through the dangerous tunnels between colonies, he's got to be in good shape. Those genes made a good investment in him.
Most Indispensible: Boober. His job and hobbies all benefit others and raise the standard of living in Fraggle Rock. Laundry, cooking, medicine--they need him.
Most Variable: Lou. Every time we see her she seems to have a different voice and personality.
Cockiest: Gobo. Yeah I said I wasn't going to state the obvious, but I lied. Gobo's got quite an ego on him, but thankfully circumstances conspire to puncture it when it gets too inflated.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
I was happy to find this old thread, so I'll have a go at this:
Bravest Fraggle: Uncle Traveling Matt
Smartest Fraggle: Gobo
Dumbest Fraggle: Uncle Traveling Matt
Sexiest Fraggle: Red (very very much :wink: she is hot)
Ugliest Fraggle: Marlon
Funniest Fraggle: Boober
Craziest Fraggle: Mokey (sorry)
Silliest Fraggle: Red
Meanest Fraggle: World's Oldest Fraggle
Nicest Fraggle: Mokey
Cockiest Fraggle: Gobo