Smartest/dumbest Fraggle

BEAR

Reaction score
Also, I don't know if cocky is really the right word for Mokey. She could be a little strong in her beliefs, but I don't consider that cocky. Cocky is more like being full of yourself or thinking you are the greatest. Red fits this description more than anybody of the Fraggle 5.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Thank you, Bear. Mokey is NOT cocky. Gobo is cocky in "A Friend in Need" and "Wembley and the Great Race" (among others). Cocky is believing you're better than others and throwing your self-believed greatness around, and knowing it. Mokey does not do that. She is naively passionate, which is a big difference. Her getting the fraggles to stop eating doozer constructions wasn't for a selfish reason, it was for the doozers. She thought they needed someone's help to thrive. Now, yes, she had a bit of an ego when she thought all of the fraggles wanted to thank her, but that still wasn't a cocky thing---it was more of a "savior" thing. Once she learns that something she thinks or believes isn't right, she readily admits it.

MokeynSprocket

Reaction score
Clarification

Ok! There are some things we need to clear up. "Listen up and listen tight!"

1st, Scaredest is a word according to Merriam Webster's 11th Collegiate Dictionary. So there is no need to edit and change "scaredest" to cowardly. However, there was confusion with "scariest." Some people took this as meaning that the particular fraggle was spooky looking/acting. Therefore, I edited and changed it to "scaredest." Scaredest can also mean cowardly, so there is no reason to change words.

2nd, Everything is based on opinions. Nobody can be proven right or wrong about who "they personally believe" which fraggle is the smartest, dumbest, etc. For instance, I believe Mokey is the nicest Fraggle. However, someone else can debate me and say that Mokey isn't the nicest because in the episode "I DON'T CARE," Mokey inconsiderately took Boober's lucky blanket and gave it to Red, and it ended up having a paint stain on it. Then, to increase Boober's frustration, when there was a Fraggle court justice meeting about it, Red made fun of Boober, and Mokey laughed at every single joke. Gobo is the only fraggle who didn't laugh at Red's jokes about Boober. Therefore, because of Mokey laughing in regards to Boober's misery, one can argue that Mokey is not the nicest fraggle.

Also, as far as Mokey being the cockiest, I don't think she is either. I think Cantus is the cockiest. However, one can argue and say that Mokey is the cockiest because she even tried to be the "TRASH HEAP." The point is, everything is opinionated. There are specific times when all Fraggles show some type of inconsideration to the next Fraggle. Therefore, the opinions as to who is cocky or nice will vary between Fraggle fans. It is simply a personal belief, but not a factual belief. Please understand that. If Cantus Jack read this thread he would probably say, "no one is right, and no one wrong."

3rd. I forgot, so nevermind the third point. Oh wait.. Please be fair in your opinions. I love Mokey, but it doesn't mean all positive characteristics will go in her favor. Be fair, not biased!

BEAR

Reaction score
the word "scaredest" is not in my dictionary, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Doesn't really matter, just trying to make things easier to understand.

Also, I don't think anyone here is telling each other they are right or wrong at all. We are stating our opinions in response to anothers, but I have not seen anyone say that someone is wrong and they are right.

Next, I for one am not being biased. I don't have a real favorite of the Fraggles. I like them all in different ways. My opinions are just based on how I have percieved the character but consider other options. I mean, the same goes for other Muppets. Big Bird is one of my favorites of the Sesame Street gang and he represents nothing but good. However, even I can see when he behaves a little negatively. I know that even Big Bird has had his moments of stubborness and crankiness. I wouldn't call him the meanest or "cockiest" of the characters at all, because by far that label will always go to someone else in the long run.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
MokeynSprocket said:
However, someone else can debate me and say that Mokey isn't the nicest because in the episode "I DON'T CARE," Mokey inconsiderately took Boober's lucky blanket and gave it to Red, and it ended up having a paint stain on it. Then, to increase Boober's frustration, when there was a Fraggle court justice meeting about it, Red made fun of Boober, and Mokey laughed at every single joke. Gobo is the only fraggle who didn't laugh at Red's jokes about Boober. Therefore, because of Mokey laughing in regards to Boober's misery, one can argue that Mokey is not the nicest fraggle.
Hmmm, I'll have to watch that again. Of course, one could say it Gobo was taking the leadership role upon himself, so instead of being able to sit back and laugh at jokes, he was frustratingly trying to get things under control...and I'm also not sure if giving his blanket away was "inconsiderate", or simply "naive"--you've got me curious on that too...after all, in "Wembley's Egg", she was last fraggle to laugh at Wembley. So she's not perfect, but she is obviously the nicest IMO.

MokeynSprocket said:
I think Cantus is the cockiest. However, one can argue and say that Mokey is the cockiest because she even tried to be the "TRASH HEAP."
Now hold on there, Mokey didn't try to be The Trash Heap out of cockiness---she honestly believed that's what the Fraggle Dream was telling the fraggles, that she was the Trash Heap. She was nervous and unsure of the responsibility, but due to the mass hysteria, she believed it to be true and then felt it was up to her to live up to her new role. IMO, remarks like "Really Gobo, I don't think you should question my judgment" have more to do with her susceptibility to high dramatics and mass hysteria than out-and-out "Look how great I am" cockiness; she thought since she was the new Trash Heap, her judgement was best.

(sorry if I sound intense, I'm just so passionate about characters and writing and especially favorite characters, lol)

And I don't see how anyone can see Cantus as cocky...he can't even talk straight! LOL

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes, these are just opinions, not something that can be ultimately proven or disproven. I think everyone's made good points so far. But thanks for the encouragement, MokeynSprocket!

Janice and Mokey's Man, btw, you made the Janice "Fer Sure" site? I didn't know that, I always liked it!

To me, cockiest doesn't necessarily mean being selfish or having bad intentions. Anyone can get cocky in thinking they are right. Even with the best of intentions. So I'm not putting Mokey's character down, I like her because she is quite complex.

And Mrs. Wembley, yeah most of the time I laught at The World's Oldest too!

MokeynSprocket

Reaction score
Well Bear, I am not pinpointing you or anyone else specifically. I read through some of the responces, and if you read closely also, you would have came across a post(s) where someone or maybe more than one person are actually telling another person that their opinion is wrong. I will not say the name because I don't believe in thread wars. However, I just wanted others to understand that this is all based on opinions. I assume that you are aware, so this doesn't necessarily affect you.

MokeynSprocket

Reaction score
Janice and Mokey's Man.

Oh.. As far as your comments about my beliefs of Mokey being cocky. I do not believe she is the cockiest, but I do understand reasons why some may believe she is. Also, as far as her being the nicest, I think she truly is the nicest fraggle. However, I can also understand why some may think she is not the nicest. By the way, I said that Mokey "inconsiderately took" Boober's blanket. If you watch that episode again, she really did take his blanket inconsiderately. Just watch how she took the blanket as Boober was trying to explain that the Trash Heap gave it to him. Nevertheless, I still think that Mokey is the nicest. I just also understand why others may think she is not the nicest. Lastly, I only gave one example of Mokey's rudeness and cockiness. I am sure I can find stronger examples if I cared to go further into this debate. However, overall, I still find Mokey to be the sweetest fraggle in Fraggle Rock.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Well, I just take opinions of characters, personalities, and dialogue much more personally since I'm a writer. And since I love FR so much, I'm that much more passionate, lol, and in a weird way feel I'm defending the writers if I feel a character or story element is seen as "something other than it is" by someone else. Sorry if I came off too harsh. :embarrassed:

FR is definitely such a complex show though---whoever thinks it's strictly for kids has a "world" of learning to do!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Totally, I get the same way when I feel like my favorite characters are being attacked. It's just so important to me. You want people to understand.

(Again, love that Janice site!)