1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Smartest/dumbest Fraggle

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by MokeynSprocket, Sep 26, 2006.

1. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Interesting how one person can dub a character to be the cockiest and sweetest at the same time. Oh well...
  2. MokeynSprocket

MokeynSprocket New Member

Bear, maybe you are having difficulty understanding the argument. Basically, I am only stating that everything is based on opinions. No one is right, and no one is wrong. For instance, I don't think Mokey is the dumbest fraggle, but perhaps someone else may have reasons to think she is the dumbest. There are episodes where maybe she could have made smarter choices. But you see, it is simply an opinion. I am clearly stating that in my opinion, Mokey is the nicest fraggle. I do not think she is the cockiest. However, I can understand why someone else may feel she is the cockiest. But in my opinion, she is not as cocky to the same degree as Cantus. Then again, these are only "my opinions." So I am not saying that Mokey is the cockiest, but I am simply appreciating someone else's opinion. I actually give Heralde credit for even considering Mokey as an option for being cocky. I never thought anyone would even consider Mokey as being cocky. However, I respect his opinion, and I also believe his opinion can be supported if we actually pay closer attention to Mokey's comments and actions. Also, once again, it shows that we all have different perceptions of Fraggle Rock. It is a wonderful thing!
  3. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I understand the arguement. I was just stating how interesting it is that one person can consider a character to be the cockiest, while another would counteract that by claiming she is the nicest/sweetest. Just an observation.
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

It is an interesting observation. Well, when Junior Gorg made his Fraggle trap in "Mokey's Funeral", he used garlic gumdrops (or something like that), he couldn't imagine anyone NOT liking them. But Mokey was certainly disgusted! That's what the show's all about, different perspectives.
  5. MokeynSprocket

All understood BEAR. Great points! So, who do you believe is the cockiest, and which fraggle is the nicest in your opinion?
  6. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Okay...
    I'd pick Red as the cockiest.

I'd probably pick either Mokey or Wembley as the nicest.
  7. Emeowrald

Emeowrald New Member

Smartest Fraggles: Boober because he has alot of useful knowledge when it comes to pathology, psychology, the culinary arts, and hygenics. Besides he plays it off rather low key.
    Gobo because he often has plans for getting people out of tough situations.
    Dumbest Fraggles:
    Large Marvin: Ever seen "The Trial of Cotterpin Doozer"?
    Finny Fraggle: Marvin's friend. Again see "The Trial of Cotterpin Doozer"
    Sexiest Fraggles:
    I'll have to probably go with Cantus on this one. Or maybe Convincing John. What can I say? I think it's the eyebrows.
    Ugliest Fraggle: I don't think I have ever really seen a Fraggle that I think is truely ugly.
    Funniest Fraggle: Uncle Traveling Matt. I mean he literally makes you look at the human race in a whole new light with his antics out in Outer Space.
    Craziest Fraggle: Marlon Fraggle. The Peter Lorre of Fraggle Rock.
    Scardest Fraggles: Boober: I mean he worries about germs and misfortune all the time.
    Wembley: One does not go through life being indecisive without there being some serious anxiety behind it.
    Silliest Fraggles: Aren't they all kinda silly if you think about it?
    Meanest Fraggles: The Wizard. He after all is a con-artist.
    Uncle Gobo. I've heard he had a meanstreak to him.
    Nicest Fraggles: Mokey. Let's face it. She's practically the epitome of niceness.
    Lou. "We Love you, Wembley" She actually does stuff for Wembley without asking for anything in return when everyone else wanted him to do stuff for them.
    Cockiest Fraggle: Red because she often likes to be the center or attention and often must try to act braver than Gobo.
    Most Outgoing Fraggle: That's a tough one. I would say that that would be a tie between Red and Gobo.
    Most Persuasive Fraggles: Convincing John for obvious reasons.
    Cantus. The guy has a way of making you think at times.
  8. MrsWembly

MrsWembly New Member

Yes, I feel I need to add that I really don't find any of the fraggles as truly ugly. If I had to pick one as being ugly, I would pick Marlon but all fraggles are beautiful to me. :excited:
  9. Morgan Clueless

Morgan Clueless New Member

Bravest Fraggle: Everyone has their brave moments--even Boober! (Sorry if I pretty much copied what that one someone said. :o )

Smartest Fraggle: Cantus (In a philisophical way), Boober (More superstitious/paranoid than most, but also logical), Mokey (Artistically, but about average in everything else)

Dumbest Fraggle: I don't think anyone's dumb, really; just silly!

Sexiest Fraggle: Sidebottom! And Boober and Convincing John and Cantus and Travelling Matt (What? <.< I like his legs!)

Ugliest Fraggle: Large Marvin (Makes Marlon look dashing in comparison. :eek: And that's pretty much saying something!)

Funniest Fraggle: Boober, Wembley, Travelling Matt, and pretty much everyone else in their own sense and style.

Craziest Fraggle: World's Oldest Fraggle, Sidebottom, Marlon, Convincing John (There's just something about him... :attitude: )

Scaredest Fraggle: Boober (Pretty obvious, since it's a larger part of his character.)
    - Scariest: Sidebottom's pants. 'Nuff said. -__-;

Silliest Fraggle: I'd say everybody, 'cause they are. :p

Meanest Fraggle: Can't think of any, but I thought Si[debottom] was pretty sly and cunning in Boober's Dream.

Nicest Fraggle: Mokey (no duh), Wembley (He likes to please others, and while it doesn't always work out, he almost always tries to make up for it.)

Cockiest Fraggles: Whoever considered Mokey as "cocky" has a point, but I don't really consider her as part of the category. Actually, there's a slight overconfidence in most of the more energetic Fraggles (examples: Red, Sidebottom, etc.) But besides that, I can't think of any.

Most Outgoing Fraggle: Red (For pretty much the same reasons as everyone else.)

Most Persuasive Fraggle: Convincing John (That's a no-duh right there!), Cantus (Someone mentioned his reasons, and I agree with him.)
  10. I still don't see how anyone cay Mokey is "cocky"...to me that's like an insult to the writers (and being I'm a writer I'm extra-sensitive to that) because obviously she's anything but. But anyway, I guess some of just have to learn to disagree, *sigh*...
  11. heralde

Well, as I said before, I didn't see it as an insult to say she was occasionally cocky. Just because someone has a different opinion, doesn't mean they are insulting someone. The world is full of different opinions.

Everyone is cocky sometimes. It's certainly possible to like the character (which I do) and notice she's sometimes full of herself. Fraggle Rock was not written as "Fraggle by number" where Red is always cocky and Mokey is always nice. The characters were written deeper than that, as we all know.

But yeah, I hope we can agree to disagree. A difference of opinion is not an insult. That's what Fraggle Rock is about, learning to live with different points of view.
  12. It's just when you feel you know a character so well and you want to protect them from such remarks, lol. But I still maintain she is never "cocky" or "full of herself"...she can sometimes become self-absorbed, but that is a completely different concept, and a much more fitting one, given to her psychological ways of thinking and her "diffused-light" awareness of consciousness.
  13. heralde

See, when I think cocky, I just think being super confident that you're right, getting a bit carried away. Which is a little different from being "full of herself."
  14. When I think cocky, I think of Gobo in "A Friend in Need", where you're convinced you're better than everyone else and you consciously demontrate that--you go out of your way to make others feel inferior.

So this is where part of the problem is, we all can have different interpretations for words, LOL! :)
  15. heralde

Yup, stupid English language! lol

And that's true, Gobo was very cocky in that episode. I kept thinking "Oh boy, he's headed for a meltdown!"
  16. MokeynSprocket

JANICE AND MOKEY'S MAN - Are you honestly trying to express that there is not one episode in which Mokey was cocky? Honesty? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease be truthful? I know you love Mokey, I do too, but there are a few episodes when I thought Mokey was being somewhat too cocky. She tried to be the TRASH HEAP!!!! Also, she was so cocky and eager to be the first ever to draw the hairy chested beetle worm or something. Honestly, I do not believe Mokey is the cockiest, but from the bottom of your heart, you must give Heralde and others some credit for believing Mokey is somewhat cocky. Oh, by the way, GOBO is not the cockiest. I don't consider Gobo to be cocky because Gobo is "always" willing to admit when he cannot achieve something. Think of how many times Gobo said to himself and others, "I'm a failure." Also, think of how many times when the Fraggles made bad mistakes about something, and someone asks Gobo what do we do next.. He replies, "We fail." Gobo admits that he is a failure quite often. Last point about Gobo, consider the episode when Gobo was CHICKEN to fight the Beast of Blue Rock. He told Wembley he was a failure and that he was scared. True cocky people do not admit they are failures, and they try to hide that characteristic deeply. So I don't consider Gobo cocky. Gobo is just an explorer, and loves to travel. He is brave and confident because of his experiences, not cocky! Lastly, I cannot believe you actually know about Under the Umbrella Tree. That show was so much fun to watch. I own all 4 volumes on DVD. I plan to own every episode. I put Under the Umbrella Tree on the same scale as Fraggle Rock.

HERALDE! Wow, great points! That is all I can say. I cannot believe that some feel Mokey is the cockiest, but I am happy that people are able to support there reasons for believing why one of the nicest fraggles can be cocky.

MORGAN CLUELESS - I am happy I am not the only one who thinks Large Marvin is disgusting looking!
  17. heralde

I think in the end, labeling Fraggles, while it can be fun, can never tell the whole story. These characters were, thank goodness, much more complicated than the ordinary Saturday morning variety. I think that's why we're able to even have these discussions. I mean, there's a least two Wembley episodes where everyone realizes they also wemble at times.

Anyway, it's been fun discussing with everyone! Everybody's made good points because the world is a complicated, non-black & white place. :)
  18. I've already explained how Mokey was not "cocky" in "trying" to be the Trash Heap, she was deluded into thinking it was her destiny due to the other fraggles. And she wasn't "cocky" to want to draw the hairy chested batworm, it was an important scientific discovery she was eager to accomplish---eager, but not "cocky". Gobo is at his cockiest in "A Friend in Need", but then he sees how wrong he was to act that way (and in "Wembly and the Great Race", and plenty more).

But I'm dropping it. It's obvious we all have different definitions/ideas of different words, and different interpretations of characters, however far-fetched and boggling that may seem to different ones of us. But that just goes to show what a truly deep, complex, masterfully-created show Fraggle Rock was, and how it affects all of us. Like heralde said, it's been fun, but everyone and everything is so different in our worlds and the whole world.

Now, it's "Time to Live as One"!

Really!

It is!

:)
  19. MokeynSprocket

Ok! But, what about Under the Umbrella Tree?
  20. Oh, I didn't realize you already had all 4 volumes of that...I don't have any yet, but want to get them. Though I can't chime in much on it because I haven't seen any since circa 1990! lol :o