Christmas Special

BeakerFan14

Reaction score
okay. This should probably go under the Muppet Babies thread, but since we're talking about videos, I had a MB video when I was little and it had Kermit reading stories to Robin and it would be about the Muppet Babies. The cover I believe had baby Fozzie (or Gonzo) on it. Does anyone know what this was. My grandma's VCR ate it.:frown:
:eek::smile::embarrassed::concern:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
okay. This should probably go under the Muppet Babies thread, but since we're talking about videos, I had a MB video when I was little and it had Kermit reading stories to Robin and it would be about the Muppet Babies. The cover I believe had baby Fozzie (or Gonzo) on it. Does anyone know what this was. My grandma's VCR ate it.:frown:
:eek::smile::embarrassed::concern:
I remember renting those from the video store (back when we had video stores!). That would be nice to have!
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_Babies_Video_Storybooks

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just too childish for my liking.
Yeah... a bit juvenile, but it had its moments. Much more fun than the Play-a-long videos in some cases (you know what the exception is by now... track it down for Picklepuss and Pops... just for that. It's Well worth it).

Maybe I just got a little too disappointed by You're as funny as Fozzie Bear to not paint those with disdain. It's like if someone packaged that Sesame Street Christmas special as "Starring Michael Jackson" when he was there for like 30 seconds. Fozzie was my favorite as a kid, and seeing him only pop up for a musical number when his name was on the thing.... depressed my 7 or 8 year old soul.

But definitely more fun than the "what the crap was that!?" of Mother Goose Stories.

Sigh... I wish I had the luxury of going to discount stores and getting old VHS... my VCR bust months ago and almost took my Korean Grocery store copy of a Dr. Slump movie down with it.

BeakerFan14

Reaction score
I just got our old VCR from my dad and our local flea market has A TON of Disney and a few Muppet videos and I love it. I drag my friends to it all the time.
:eek:

BeakerFan14

Reaction score
As heralde mentioned earlier, some (seems like most) Muppet videos are edited. I have The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper on VHS (from 1999) and I was wondering... Are those edited? Any scenes cut out?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As far as I know they haven't been edited. Unless anyone else has something to add.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Nope, don't believe so. But then, I've only had them on DVD for years - haven't touched by old VHS tapes in a while, so there could be SOME differences. Wasn't there an episode of the MuppetCast early, early on (I'm talking within the first ten episodes) that talked about a small difference in a copy of The Great Muppet Caper?

BeakerFan14

Reaction score
Since this thread kinda went from Christmas Specials to different videos. I had another question. Back in the day, my dad bought me the 15 VHS Muppet Show set. I read somewhere that they had planned another 5 making a 20 VHS set. What happened with that? I would like to see more of the interviews with Brian Henson.