The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
Aaaaaaww.....Hugs for Cory!!!
And, amen to that "burning Fraggle Rock taps" thing, Luke....I had a male friend who just got married, and HIS fiancee threw out ALL his comic books! (And he had a LOT!) A lot of really old, rare ones, too....And yet, he got to have a Cookie Monster groom's cake. Love is blind, AND on crack.
What?! :eek: That's terrible!!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Yeah, that was my reaction...At least she didn't BURN them...And he DID get to keep his Transformers....They're really happy together, though, and that matters more than comic books, anyway.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I know! And I think they did a great job of bringing out Gandalf's quirkier traits in Lord of the Rings. They definitely could have pulled it off. Like the "I want to say a few words... *random words* " and Harry: "What would you see if you looked in the mirror?" Dumbledore: "Socks. I've always wanted a nice pair of socks, and nobody ever gets them for me. :frown: " :stick_out_tongue:
Erin
I forgot about the socks. LOL! Thanks for the laugh. Maybe Dobby can loan him a pair--he seems to be quite fond of them...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I forgot about the socks. LOL! Thanks for the laugh. Maybe Dobby can loan him a pair--he seems to be quite fond of them...
You're welcome! :wink: Yes, that would be a good solution. :cool: Man, Dobby... I read the first four books out loud to my brother, and reading what Dobby had to say was not very kind on my throat... Kinda like reading "Riddles in the Dark" in "The Hobbit" when I was in first grade, before I started reading "to myself," and killing myself trying to get through that chapter with Gollum's voice... :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
You're welcome! :wink: Yes, that would be a good solution. :cool: Man, Dobby... I read the first four books out loud to my brother, and reading what Dobby had to say was not very kind on my throat... Kinda like reading "Riddles in the Dark" in "The Hobbit" when I was in first grade, before I started reading "to myself," and killing myself trying to get through that chapter with Gollum's voice... :stick_out_tongue:
Erin
I hear ya there. My wife and I have read all of the Harry Potters out loud, as well as the Hobbit and the LOTR series. Dobby and Gollum present certain challenges... Mad-Eye Moody is difficult too, I must say. Constant vigilance! :grouchy:

Gilderoy Lockheart is one of my favorite characters to read out loud, because he always sounded like Vanity Smurf when I read him. Speaking of Lockheart (and getting back to Valentine's Day), I was disappointed that none of the Lockheart-inspired Valentine's Day festivities made it into the second HP movie, even in the deleted scenes on the dvd. That was Valentine's Day to the max! I especially liked the singing telegram.

oOoanimaloOo

Reaction score
I have these guys that like me but I don't like them like that and that sucks

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Gilderoy Lockheart is one of my favorite characters to read out loud, because he always sounded like Vanity Smurf when I read him. Speaking of Lockheart (and getting back to Valentine's Day), I was disappointed that none of the Lockheart-inspired Valentine's Day festivities made it into the second HP movie, even in the deleted scenes on the dvd. That was Valentine's Day to the max! I especially liked the singing telegram.
Lockheart was soooo hilarous. I loved him and all the ridiculous trouble his inflated ego and dim wits got him into. My favorite line in the book is when he points to the picture of himself and proudly proclaims, "Me!" Thank you, Captain Obvious. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
oOoanimaloOo said:
It stinks that it always seems to go one way. The people you like don't like you, and the people who like you aren't people you like...
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
oOoanimaloOo said:
Well, I feel for them--in high school and college, I was always that guy...