The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Well, I feel for them--in high school and college, I was always that guy...
:frown: Aw... Well, if any guy ever had a crush on me, he didn't tell me about it...
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
:frown: Aw... Well, if any guy ever had a crush on me, he didn't tell me about it...
Erin
Often that's the way it is with shy guys. I'm sure there are guys with crushes on you, but sometimes it just takes certain kinds of people longer to be comfortable and confident enough to say anything.

beaker

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
Aaaaaaww.....Hugs for Cory!!!
And, amen to that "burning Fraggle Rock taps" thing, Luke....I had a male friend who just got married, and HIS fiancee threw out ALL his comic books! (And he had a LOT!) A lot of really old, rare ones, too....And yet, he got to have a Cookie Monster groom's cake. Love is blind, AND on crack.
This is *why* I'd prefer a girl into themore geekier things Im interested in, like cartoons, art, muppets, gaming, anime, 80's stuff, etc ^__^

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I couldn't marry a guy who had an urge to throw away all my sentimental stuff. Grrrrr. Though it seems that it's usually the gals who are guilty of that. I would never do that to my husband. :attitude:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Often that's the way it is with shy guys. I'm sure there are guys with crushes on you, but sometimes it just takes certain kinds of people longer to be comfortable and confident enough to say anything.
That's how my brother is. He's soooo shy; usually he'll have a crush on a girl for several months before he'll even let us in on it. But I think he did actually send an e-mail to a couple girls he liked at different times, which is way more guts than I've got. I've only confessed a crush to a guy once, in a very roundabout and indirect way. I doubt anybody else I've had a crush on at some point has known I've liked them.

Speaking of Valentine's Day, did anybody see Good Morning America? They had a search for the most romantic proposal in America, and the winning one was this guy who dressed up as Cookie Monster and came into the classroom of his girlfriend, who was a kindergarten teacher. And she didn't know it was him, she thought it was just something the school set up for the kids. Then he pulled his head off and proposed to her. :flirt:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Speaking of Valentine's Day, did anybody see Good Morning America? They had a search for the most romantic proposal in America, and the winning one was this guy who dressed up as Cookie Monster and came into the classroom of his girlfriend, who was a kindergarten teacher. And she didn't know it was him, she thought it was just something the school set up for the kids. Then he pulled his head off and proposed to her. :flirt:
Erin

That is so sweet! :flirt: Who wouldn't absolutely melt?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
That's how my brother is. He's soooo shy; usually he'll have a crush on a girl for several months before he'll even let us in on it. But I think he did actually send an e-mail to a couple girls he liked at different times, which is way more guts than I've got. I've only confessed a crush to a guy once, in a very roundabout and indirect way. I doubt anybody else I've had a crush on at some point has known I've liked them.
Wow, I really understand that. I was like that for a very long time. It got better though--there was one time where it just all made sense, and it's made sense ever since. I really do believe that the right person is out there for everybody, and when you find that person he/she is impossible to miss. I remember friends of mine who were worried that they'd missed their one chance with the one right person--now they're all very happy with the people they really belong with.

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I couldn't marry a guy who had an urge to throw away all my sentimental stuff. Grrrrr. Though it seems that it's usually the gals who are guilty of that. I would never do that to my husband. :attitude:
Erin
listen my dears, don't get messed up with a crazy psycho freakazoid maniac as i once did. :eek: and did i mention mean?

this creep actually did burn my stuff, one day while i was at work, he built a huge bonfire and decided to throw in the things that he didn't want me to have.
like my paintings...one was a family heirloom passed down from my great, great grandmother...a ballerina playing with kittens.
most painful is he burned my artwork i did in high school along with my poems and stories...my dreams :cry:
sigh, got rid of posters, trinkets, collectables, and movies that i had too.
like my some of my muppet movies went missing...The Great Muppet Caper, Muppets from Space, and The Frog Prince.

oh well, i s'pose its all in the past, still haunting though and still hurts.
guess if i'd married that, i may have ended with the same fate as my stuff. :frown:
it's important to find someone that is just like you, and nice too.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
guysmiley4ever said:
listen my dears, don't get messed up with a crazy psycho freakazoid maniac as i once did. :eek: and did i mention mean?

this creep actually did burn my stuff, one day while i was at work, he built a huge bonfire and decided to throw in the things that he didn't want me to have.
like my paintings...one was a family heirloom passed down from my great, great grandmother...a ballerina playing with kittens.
most painful is he burned my artwork i did in high school along with my poems and stories...my dreams :cry:
Oh, man, that's awful! :cry: What a jerk! :grouchy: Why do people do things like that?
Erin

dmx10101

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I guess you could say thats me, chalk it up to the fear of rejection.