The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Has anybody seen that commercial with the guy giving his girlfriend some fancy piece of jewelry for Valentine's Day in front of her class of young students, after flashing back to his first attempt at a gift way back when he was little - he gave her a frog in a jar and she was horribly disgusted? Well, I keep saying I wish a guy would give me a frog for Valentine's Day so I could be properly appreciative. So my dad gave me a big stuffed frog in a huge plastic cookie jar for Valentine's Day. Awwwwww... :flirt:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Oh, and my brother gave me a really funny card. On the front it shows a stick figure running off a precipace in flames wailing "A-WHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!", and inside it says "Hope your Valentine's Day is a SCREAM!" It's a reference to Denethor's demise in "Return of the King," a scene my brother is fond of re-enacting for my amusement. (It's tragic, but in its own sick way, and in Nathan's hands, oh so funny... ) Then on the back it says "And hopefully this has made you feel all warm and SQUOOSHY inside," underneath which is a picture of a sad-looking fellow whose head is about to be assaulted by a falling whale intestine. I think most of you can recall where the inspiration for that came from.... *shuddering over impact of exploding whale* :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Oh, and my brother gave me a really funny card. On the front it shows a stick figure running off a precipace in flames wailing "A-WHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!", and inside it says "Hope your Valentine's Day is a SCREAM!" It's a reference to Denethor's demise in "Return of the King," a scene my brother is fond of re-enacting for my amusement.
Erin
Lol! That is awesome! *Points and laughs at Denethor*

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Has anybody seen that commercial with the guy giving his girlfriend some fancy piece of jewelry for Valentine's Day in front of her class of young students, after flashing back to his first attempt at a gift way back when he was little - he gave her a frog in a jar and she was horribly disgusted? Well, I keep saying I wish a guy would give me a frog for Valentine's Day so I could be properly appreciative. So my dad gave me a big stuffed frog in a huge plastic cookie jar for Valentine's Day. Awwwwww... :flirt:
Erin
hee hee...them commercials are so goofy. :smirk:
i would take a frog over a diamond any day. i love frogs!

i had a frog for a pet when i was a kid. i caught the frog out in the yard and decided he needed a good home. so, i kept it in a big glass bowl. it was a nice frog and i had him for quite awhile...until one day he escaped from the bowl and my kitty got him. bleah.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I always caught frogs and toads when I was younger, and still do now and then. And newts. Hooray for amphibians! :smile:
Erin

Whatever

Reaction score
Once my then-very-little brither came inside the house and declared innocently "I don't have a toad in my pocket." My mom checked his pocket, and there was a toad in it. :smile:

Remember the scene in "Matlida" by Roald Dahl in which Matilda puts a newt in the headmistress' water? i love that book. :smile: