The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Hey, I'm married and dislike Valentine's Day. I hated it back in high school because all the girls got hearts and if a guy got them to talk they had to give up their hearts. I never talked anyway so the whole thing just reminded me of what a loser I was. My wife and I have never really made a big deal about Valentine's Day, even when we were dating. It's just a hassle fighting and clawing for reservations and finding storage space for the ooey-gooey hearty bear crap they sell. This year, we agreed to pretty much do nothing and save our money for our anniversary in March. We're much happier in each other's company at home anyhoo. Valentine's Day is for suckers and retailers.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
See, I hate Valentines Day; this year's been bad and a lonely Valentines Day would really top it off. Last year I spent it with my psychotic bunny-boiling girlfriend, and I could never be desperate enough to go back to her. I think I'm spending it with my friends this year as they're what's important to me right now. Though a boy/girlfriend would be great about now!

Whatever

Reaction score
I've already said my part, but what the hey. For me the only point of Valentine's Day is the conversation heart candies.

christyb

Reaction score
You guys think Valentine's Day is hard enough as it is??? Try having a birthday on that day. I don't know about other Valentine 'babies' but it's always stunk for me.

p.s. love the signature whatever.

Dantecat

Reaction score
I like valentines day! Because you should always really like your family and close friends of yours with on valentines with O's and X's.(Hugs and Kisses)

Sometimes kisses but not on boys! :smirk: :stick_out_tongue: :embarrassed:

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
For me, this year's V-Day is quite a... turnaround from last. :flirt:

BTW, Conversation Heart Maker
I dunno if anyone posted that last year or yet this year or what. I'm too lazy to check today.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Valentines Day

Happy early Valentines Day everyone. I personally agree with you Ryan.Like Christmas,Valentines Day is very commercialized & retailers quickly trying to make fast $$,buy slapping romantic mushy-gooey cuteness on everything(bears dressed in cupid or devil clothes).My roomate and Sean either exchange cards or just acknowledge the day. Since their is no other around(boyfriends or anyone else),its a pretty quiet day. For my family,I usually send them e-cards online.As far as candy,sometimes I'll look to see what I'm in the mood for;maybe M&Ms or something of the like.:big_grin:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I know I said this last year, but I like Valentine's Day. Once you get past the over-commercial side of it, there's something kinda special about a holiday dedicated to telling people you love them. Of course, in an ideal world, that would be everyday, but it's nice that we do set aside a day for it.

In any case, without Valentine's Day we wouldn't have those great little paper cards that kids give in school. "I choo-choo-choose you" and the like. This year I've seen some neat Sesame Street ones that come with stickers, and some Incredibles ones that have a rub-off place with a secret message. How neat is that?!?

:smile:

christyb

Reaction score
Ok so Valentine's isn't half bad. But I still would like something other than a "double" present, which is what every boyfriend I've ever had has given to me. "Here honey Happy Birthday....Oh and by the way Happy Valentine's day too." Is it too much to ask when I want a cheap birthday gift and a bouquet of roses as a V-day gift?? Or am I being greedy?