Fan Poll: Favorite Muppet Christmas Production

What is your favorite Muppet Christmas production?

• A Muppet Family Christmas (1987)

Votes: 76 62.8%
  • A Muppets Christmas - Letters to Santa (2008)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (2002)

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • John Denver and The Muppets - A Christmas Together (1979)

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)

Votes: 26 21.5%

• Total voters

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With the Christmas holiday now in full force, we thought it would be fun to discuss and debate your favorite Muppet Christmas productions.

Today we are discussing the specials featuring the Classic Muppet Show characters. Vote in the poll above and then list your ranking of the Classic Muppet holiday favorites. (We'll have other threads for Sesame Street and Henson Family productions later this week.)

Let us know your thoughts and feedback on the Classic Muppet holiday productions.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I went for MFC because, let's face it, it's awesome. I watched MCC last night and I'm wondering why they don't play it on Disney or ABC Family.

auntputz

Reaction score
John Denver and The Muppets - A Christmas together...This was such a huge part of my childhood!

Scooterforever

Reaction score
My brother owns MFC on DVD, and my sister has been showing it to her daughter (who's 1) nonstop, along with the 2 Elmo Christmas specials. Seems like her favorite is Fozzy.

Alvin

Reaction score
I Love MFC...but really like It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas...I find myself watching that one more...

2tal

Reaction score
If we are considering "classic" Muppet productions then shouldn't:
The Christmas Toy
Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree
and
Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas
be in this list?
It is difficult to pick my favorite because there is so much depth to Henson's storytelling.
I love A Muppet Family Christmas because "everyone" is in it and seeing Jim Henson' in that wild sport coat at the end with Sprocket (AKA Brian Henson) is wonderful.
I love A Muppet Christmas Carol because it is a great story retold well and dedicated to JH by his son; it is one of my favorite version of this story!

"... it's in everyone one of us to be wise ..."
Happy Christmas everyone!