How old were you when you started liking Muppets?

how old were you when you started liking the muppets?

• older than 10

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • younger than 10

Votes: 36 69.2%

• Total voters

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I was 4 years old when I got into The Muppets. And grew up with The Muppet Babies. :big_grin: I watched the movies when they aired them on TV.

Borples

Reaction score
I remember watching TMS reruns in the early 80s as a small child. I can't remember a world without Kermit & Co, and I don't want to! :smile: I've always loved them, but I don't think I realized how much I loved them until Jim Henson died. I was in the eighth grade, and it felt like my whole world view had been destroyed. Didn't pay as much attention throughout high school, partly because I was a little reluctant to adjust to the new voices, and partly just b/c I was in high school. Then when I was in college I got my hands on VHS copies of the 1st three movies, and never looked back. I've been hanging on every little thing they do since then. But it was only last year before the new movie came out--I think around the time that the OK Go! vid was released--that I realized that there were Muppet fans on the internet having conversations that I should have been a part of for the past decade! And I discovered Muppet Wiki. And I started learning about the performers. And it basically took over my life. :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Oh and I used to watch the muppet show when it was on Disney channel. I'm 28 years old now and I think I appericate and love the muppets more then I did when I was a child. Sometimes I wish I could go back to that time.

kyunkyua

Reaction score
Um...like, 16. Just this year, actually. XD
Well, no, that's a bit of an exaggeration. I've always LIKED the Muppets...just never to this extent.

Auberoun

Reaction score
I started w/ Seasame Street, same as many. Throughout my young life, I would watch Fraggle Rock, and TMS. I remember being a senior in HS, and talking to a Freshmen about the Muppets, and her response was, "Huh? The what?" Then I said I felt old..lol. But, I guess if I watched TMS when I was like 6, she would have been about 2...

Now, as an 36 year old adult male, I am proud to be a Muppet fan. Most people know about them, and don't know much about JH. I am happy to share with them less about the Muppets, and more about JH, since he is such a great role model.

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
The Muppet Show was in its final years on air (not production, I'm not THAT old) when I was a kid. So I watched it a LOT. After it went away, I only had Sesame Street.

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
But it was only last year before the new movie came out--I think around the time that the OK Go! vid was released--that I realized that there were Muppet fans on the internet having conversations that I should have been a part of for the past decade! And I discovered Muppet Wiki. And I started learning about the performers. And it basically took over my life. :smile:
Amazing how the Internet could turn a hobby into a parasitic obsession.:smile: Ah well.

gonzosgirl1987

Reaction score
i remember my mom buying me the movie muppets take manhattan when i was 5 or 6 and from that day on i was in love muppets galore muppet movies, muppet babies, muppet plushies, etc. whatever i could get my hands on and almost 20 years later still obsessed as ever :big_grin: