1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

How old were you when you started liking Muppets?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by mo, Mar 10, 2012.

?

how old were you when you started liking the muppets?

1. older than 10

16 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. younger than 10

35 vote(s)
    68.6%

1. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

I was about 6 when i managed to appreciate the muppets after watching a VHS of MTM and some of my older sisters tapes of a few episodes of the show, i then craved for more.

2. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

Of course, I watched Sesame Street as a really little kid and watched Fraggle Rock before school on the Odessey Channel and The Muppet Show on the same channel after school. I think when I was in middle school, I actually tried to give up watching all things Muppets, obviously, it wasn't very successful. :)
    I still enjoy watching them every opportunity I get, especially at Christmas time, watching all the Christmas specials every year. They got me through high school and college and all the hard times I've had since then.

3. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I believe I was under five years of age when I started watching the Muppets and Sesame Street.

4. DrDientes

DrDientes Active Member

I watched Plaza Sesamo since I was a baby, but I didn't get in the rest of the Muppets until the 2011 movie. I was curious why the movie was being called "the comeback", so I started searching for Muppets on Google and here I am. :p

5. FraggleLover130

FraggleLover130 Active Member

Well that's okay, I mean I LOVE the Muppets but I'm not nearly as hardcore as a lot of the people on here. Just think, many people in this world don't know what Muppets are, and even worse, many people (gasp) don't like them! So you're good! :)

6. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

I was a '90s baby as well and I grew in a small town, but I still lived in the capital city of Indiana. I got into Flraggle Rock, Sesame Street, and finally the Muppet Show. I didn't get into this show until college. I thought Muppets was for babies just everything else that was aimed for children. I was wrong and what really boithers mne is now the Muppets are somehow are getting some hatred like other famous franchises including the Simpsonbs, SpongeBob Squarepants, and My Little Ponby. Do you think I might treated differently because I am a Muppet fan? Well, I do miss Jim, Richard and Jerry. I have always grown up with his characters. Right now, life is in the way and basically my dad was against the Muppets and now... my mom, she doesn't support me that I should still be into Muppet fandom. :cry: I don't know what to expect but haters are gonna hate.

That is all I am going to talk about. My guess for starting Muppets was around 3 to 4 years old.

7. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

I started off watching Sesame Street when I was little. I grew up mostly watching alot of Elmo, but I always liked Big Bird and Cookie Monster. The most memorable episode for me was The Adventures Of Little Big Bird. I stopped watched it in 1st grade. I found out about The Muppets with the 2011 movie. Then, I got obsessed with the Muppets and Sesame Street and now Fraggle Rock.

8. FraggleLover130

FraggleLover130 Active Member

Don't let anybody judge you for liking the Muppets. If anything, we should be judging the people who don't! :)

FunnyBear likes this.
  9. AKaun6899

AKaun6899 Member

I watched Sesame Street when I was younger, but, I think I became an official fan around 2005-2006, when I was in Kindergarten. My teacher had a whole Jim Henson history thing going on, similar to how all elementary schools celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday, only I think this Henson thing lasted a week or so. I found a copy of the Kermit's 50th Birthday Edition of The Muppet Movie, and a Fraggle Rock DVD, and I officially got into it.

10. J Waughtal

J Waughtal New Member

i was 5-8 when i watched the muppets
    but loved sesame street every since i was a baby

11. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I was a baby when I got into Sesame Street and about five when I saw my first Muppet movie and became a fan of The Muppets. I believe I discovered Fraggle Rock the following year and that's when I discovered Muppet Wiki and found out that Henson had other shows besides those three.

12. MuppetNostalgia

MuppetNostalgia New Member

I've been a muppet fan since I was about three years old,when my parents bought me hand puppets of Oscar and Cookie Monster.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.