How old were you when you started liking Muppets?

how old were you when you started liking the muppets?

• older than 10

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • younger than 10

Votes: 36 69.2%

• Total voters

mo

Reaction score
well i guess my theory was proven correct! muppet loving isn't a hobby it's a life style
like watching oswald the lucky rabbit cartoons at 3 am 0.0....

the reason i go ... so much is becuase that's also a lisestyle...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
While I always sort of liked the Muppets throughout most of my life (I have vague recollections of watching Muppet Babies reruns as a small child), I didn't get really into them until last year, when I accidentally happened upon Fraggle Rock reruns during one of my breaks from school. I was intrigued enough to download the series, and I was hooked, and started gobbling up everything Muppet-related I could find. Still am.

Misskermie

Reaction score
I remember, I was 3, and I was being watched by my grandma, and i was flipping through channels, and I saw a pig with blonde hair (You know who!) and I was like, who are you?

It was the Muppets take manhattan, and I loved the whole movie!
Ever since then, I was obsessed =P

mo

Reaction score
I'll tell you all my story gather round children!

once upon a time there was a girl called mikayla who was born in germany
on her first birthday she was given a lotta different things because babies are always sorta spoiled.I got a card that had elmo on it and said "elmo!"
which is weird because i don't think we got tv but maybe we did... I actually have video proof of this!
next when i still lived in germany! but my family is american i got a zoey outfit that was second hand and whenever someone pointed at it and asked if it was me i nodded my head i have photographic proof !
next my family was going to call my brother zoey until they relized she was a character from sesame street but still wanted to name him that.
when i was 4 i got sesame street magazine and had watched sesame street before and still got it untili was 5 i don't have any proof of that because my mother threw it out
late september 2011...this when i became officiacally a muppet fan!
also i lived in america since i was 3 until i was 6 and still live in it!

wait did i just say my life story?
HUBBA WHA?!?

GAR

Reaction score
Muppets have been there my whole life. I don't actually recall first seeing them. They were an ever present factor, same way my parents, brother and grandparents were... I don't remember seeing first seeing them either. They just were always there.

I remember watching the shows as a kid in Dutch television (KRO), loving the movies, having multiple Muppet books, sleeping beneath a Pigs In Space poster (man, I wish I still had that), and also loving everything else that came from Jim Henson & Co. even if I did not know it was Henson to begin with. As a kid I never actually connected the dots between Sesame Street and The Muppet Show, even though Kermit appeared in both shows and I vividly remember recognizing Bert & Ernie in The Muppets Take Manhattan and in a Muppet Show episode. Maybe I didn't realize it was all one big family because in The Netherlands Sesame Street was synched into Dutch (and Kermit, Bert & Ernie had different voices), while we had Muppet Show in the original language with subtitles.

But I really loved it all... Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Fraggle Rock, stuff like that. And even though as you grow up you move on, and not everything else that followed I loved just as much (I never really got into Muppets Tonight for instance) there is always a place in the heart for anything Muppets related.

JustinHoskie

Reaction score
I didn't become a huge fan until this past year, actually. I had, of course, watched Sesame Street endlessly when I was little (I even remember watching Elmo in Grouchland when I was about 10). And, up to about 14 or 15, I would watch it in the afternoon when I was waiting for the local Simpsons block to start. (I tried watching it recently, but couldn't really get into it.)

But, with the exception of watching The Muppet Babies as a kid, seeing one or two episodes or sketches of The Muppet Show at school for some reason I can't remember (during music class no less), and giving a disastrous presentation on Jim Henson during 9th grade, I had no real experience with The Muppets. I had forgotten all about Fozzie, Gonzo, and basically everyone else whose name didn't end in Frog or Piggy, with only a vague memory of the Swedish Chef, (even with SS Muppet; I almost forgot about Rosita and Zoe, and I still have no real memory of Telly). However, I knew just from my experience of putting together my Henson presentation that I was just a dormant Muppet fan. So, when I found out there was a new Muppet movie in development, I was excited.

A couple months before The Muppets came out, the local Walmart, which I frequent while waiting for my shift to start at the Goodwill nearby, stocked up on season releases of TMS, and, for the longest time. I resisted buying them. But, after a month, a day after I got paid, I say only saw one copy of season one left, I assumed that was it, and thinking "This could be the last chance you have in years to get this set", I dropped the $60 for all three seasons. (I was wrong, since Walmart is still selling them, but hey, sometimes being wrong leads you to do the right decision!)

That night, after I got off work, I popped in season one, disk one, assuming "It'll be alright; it won't be the best thing I've ever seen, but it'll be alright." Well! Was I blown away! It was one of the best shows I've ever seen! The next few days, I would watch as many episodes I could before and after work, and after catching up on my daily shows (Attack of the Show, The Late Late Show w/Craig Ferguson), and, when I finally got a few days off, I spent them going through the rest of the set. And, after getting The Muppets Blu-Ray, I spent the entirety of another few day break getting lost on Muppet Wiki.

A quick side-note: About a week after I got the set, I was dropped off for work one and a half hours early. Trying to waste as much time as possible at Walmart, I was looking at the laptops (since I had been saving up for one for a month or so). Seeing one (the kind I'm typing on right now) that was around the amount I had saved up, I did the math and realized that, including taxes, I was about $50 short. During the frenzy I was in to get my collected savings, the rest of my spending money, and the extra $50, I tweeted something along the lines of this: "Trying to get $50 bucks for a laptop! I guess spending that 60 for those Muppet Show DVDs wasn't the best idea. #Loverly...." .... "Actually, I take that back. That was the best 60 bucks I ever spent!"

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well I was about 2 yrs. when I started watching SS, it was like that season where the people said their favorite SS moment at the beginning of each episode, I remember watching an episode about Big Bird shrinking and Super Grover vs. Chicken, bujt that's it. I used to have a billion SS vhs tapes which were all from the 70's-90's so I watched that old stuff in 2005, mindblowing. Then last year, I got into the muppets when I started reading about the films on wikipedia. Then one day I saw a tape of Muppet Treasure Island at GoodWill, so I watched it and fell in love with it, then I watched TMM on Youtube and I was fully in love with the muppets.
SS: 2yrs.
Muppet Show Muppets: 11 yrs.