Most tearjerking moments

Cookie fan

Reaction score
That is heartbreaking, We really appreciate all his contributions that made this great show so unique. I saw "Things that I remember" for the first time very recently, and it tugged at my heart I can tell you that. If that was Frank Oz who performed Bert in that song, it must have touched his heart as well.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone felt very emotional at the time. Thanks Will and SS Fan. No matter which one it was, it is still tear-jerking for me okay!
:rolleyes:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
SS fan's right, but thank you for thanking me for trying to help.:big_grin:

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
As for a tearjerking moment. I'd have to say it was around 1997 when a Bird Art Collector named Leo Birdelli offered Big Bird 100 Bags of Bird seed for his picture of Mr. Hooper, but Big Bird explains to him that he could never sell it, and tells him all about Mr. Hooper and they show a few flashbacks of the old days, and in one of these Mr. Hooper is seen with a photo Album and he's singing that goes "When I...... was as little as you are...... I worked in my papa's store. I delivered the groceries and brought back the money, and on weekends I did even more...... When I was as little as you are........" Then it shows Big Bird and Leo Birdelli back in Big Bird's nest area and the they are both quiet. Then Leo asks gently "What happened to him" and Big Bird says "Oh, he died..... and it was very very ver-ry hard saying goodbye to him because I really loved him, I'm sorry Mr. Birdelli, but I couldn't trade this picture for even 1 million billion bags of Birdseed" then Big Bird looks at the picture sadly and says "I can't say goodbye to you again Mr. Hooper" Pretty touching for a 90's episode. It also surprized me they did a tribute episode to Mr. Hooper, since at that time it had been 15 years since he died. I guess it was basically an episode for us classic fans. :smile:
Hey Guess what everybody! I recently found this clip on Youtube! It was recently posted. Here it is for those of you who haven't seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNTHl2WHvVM

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
Hey Guess what everybody! I recently found this clip on Youtube! It was recently posted. Here it is for those of you who haven't seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNTHl2WHvVM
Thanks for finding that! I hadn't seen it before, and that was definitely really sad. :frown:

Goes to show that even though people may not like modern day Sesame Street, there's still some gems in there.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yup, especially when it mentions classic Sesame Street, hehe.

Just kidding, actually that was very touching. :smile:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Mr. Hooper's Death. I watched online, and it was so sad and sweet.
I'm So Blue-I know it's from Follow that Bird, but it stars the Sesame characters.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Something that made me cry (besides the obvious Mr. Hooper's death episode) was a clip of a koala in a tree(it's old) & in the background "Rock-A-Bye-Baby" was being sung . Carroll Spinney was singing it but he sounded a lot like my father. When I heard it on You Tube I was bawling like a baby. (I'm not ashamed to admit I have tears in my eyes now.)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Mr. Hooper's death/Sad flower- it's amazing how something so sad can be so beautiful too.

I believe in little things, like you and me
And just how big little things can be

Nyperold

Reaction score
Agree with the flower one. Of course, now I know it was just dew (or possibly a recent watering), but... I guess I really thought it was crying. And this was a live-action clip, not a Muppet flower or animation.

And more recently, by which I mean early '90s and thereafter (although I'm not sure I saw it when it was first airing) was "It's All Right To Cry". Some of them made me want to pick them up and hug them. (But then, I'm not related or a known friend of their family, so maybe that wouldn't have been such a good idea...)