Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I got the impression that the movie only takes MTM and prior as its history and ignores anything after that. The novel has Kermit fire Piggy after MTM and that scene was filmed for the movie. Also they act as if the muppet show was the last tv show they did together, ignoring MT and JHH. And of course there is 80s robot that implies Kermit and Piggy parted ways after MTM.

The Muppets is basically an alternate universe where Kermit blows up a little too much and breaks up the group. In "reality" Kermit seems to have accepted that he and piggy are married, at least up until Jim Hensons passing and then things kind of went up in the air with Piggy stating they are and Kermit stating they were just friends. The 90s was a weird time for Kermit and Piggys relationship. For the last 20 years it just went back and forth but it seems now things are back to normal.
I think my theory is better. Gary and Walter have DVDs of MFS and MWOO. Also, in Pepe's cameo, Kermit acts like he knows him. As soon as Piggy revels Pepe, Kermit has a look like, "Pepe?"

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I think the director James Bobin put it nicely when he said this movie appeals to both new and old fans alike. Because if your a new fan you get to see why their so great and why their such icons through Walter. And if your an old fan it's sort of like walking down memory lane like remembering when they were in their glory.

MWoO

Reaction score
I think my theory is better. Gary and Walter have DVDs of MFS and MWOO. Also, in Pepe's cameo, Kermit acts like he knows him. As soon as Piggy revels Pepe, Kermit has a look like, "Pepe?"
But if piggy and Kermit broke up after MTM, which they did in this movie, then that makes no sense. Walter may have the DVDs, but I see that as an error in the back ground. There is far more evidence to support the idea that the movie takes place in a world where the muppets were not around after the 80's.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
OK...another trivial flaw (and this is after, probably, my 432nd viewing), they went to all the effort to remove the hand rods, something I personally applaud and definitely think Jim Henson would have done if he was still around today, but when Thog comes on during the beginning of the Telethon, you can clearly see the opening at the back where the head part of the costume ends flapping around. Once you notice it, it's very distracting!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Wow I'm impressed you know how many times you've watched it so far? I've lost count. XP