Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Reaction score
Then why wasn't the Henson family "on Board" with the making of the film? I'm sure he liked it after he saw it, but don't you think that maybe he felt just like Frank, I mean it was his stuff, and he didn't write it.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Umm...maybe because the Henson's no longer own the rights to the muppets. Because I can tell you Brian very much said he enjoyed the film. I know Frank said he was turned off by the script but that was before the film was even released. Whether he changed his mind or not I don't know. But I think you calling the Henson's spoiled brats is a little harsh. Agree to disagree on this one.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Then why wasn't the Henson family "on Board" with the making of the film? I'm sure he liked it after he saw it, but don't you think that maybe he felt just like Frank, I mean it was his stuff, and he didn't write it.
I don't know what you're talking about because the Henson family doesn't own the Muppets anymore. The Henson Company sold them to Disney in 2004. Henson is trying to get a lot of their own off the ground right now. As for Brian Henson, he made no statement about the film and we're really not supposed to speculate about the lives of the performers per our forum regulations. :concern: Frank's objection is a matter of public record so that statement can be discussed.

Brian did appear with the Muppets when they accepted their Walk of Fame star last month and the Henson Company was extremely accommodating when Disney wanted to shoot the movie at their studio. They also showed a lot of enthusiasm by promoting the film on the Henson Facebook page! They can't really be more "on board" with another company's movie than that! :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Here is a quote from an interview Brian Henson did back in 2010

There’s a new Muppet movie in the works, but Henson doesn’t have anything to do with it since the Muppets were sold to Disney. Do people know that it’s now Disney and not the Henson Company, and does it matter? Are there any regrets or concerns?It was my father’s dream to put the Muppets in the Disney theme parks — that’s how he thought they would stay alive forever — so the deal was done to complete that vision. As for the movie, Disney is very protective of the Muppets and they move slowly and carefully. They intend to respect and maintain the Muppet tone so they will live on wonderfully. I may consult on the movie, but I won’t be on the set. I act a bit as a technical adviser and tell them whom to hire — they’ll work with a lot of people my dad and I worked with.

And another quote from Brian back in Sept of 2011.

“I’m so pleased to see Disney putting a full promotional push behind it and making it a Thanksgiving movie,” Henson said. “The Muppets haven’t had a push like this since the first one (‘The Muppet Movie’) came out in 1979.”

So I don't know about you but I hardly think there was any negativity on Brian's part.

Reaction score
Here is a quote from an interview Brian Henson did back in 2010

There’s a new Muppet movie in the works, but Henson doesn’t have anything to do with it since the Muppets were sold to Disney. Do people know that it’s now Disney and not the Henson Company, and does it matter? Are there any regrets or concerns?It was my father’s dream to put the Muppets in the Disney theme parks — that’s how he thought they would stay alive forever — so the deal was done to complete that vision. As for the movie, Disney is very protective of the Muppets and they move slowly and carefully. They intend to respect and maintain the Muppet tone so they will live on wonderfully. I may consult on the movie, but I won’t be on the set. I act a bit as a technical adviser and tell them whom to hire — they’ll work with a lot of people my dad and I worked with.

And another quote from Brian back in Sept of 2011.

“I’m so pleased to see Disney putting a full promotional push behind it and making it a Thanksgiving movie,” Henson said. “The Muppets haven’t had a push like this since the first one (‘The Muppet Movie’) came out in 1979.”

So I don't know about you but I hardly think there was any negativity on Brian's part.
That doesn't mean he liked the script.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Once again agree to disagree. Maybe you should write to Brian himself and ask him. And yes if Jim were alive we probably would've had lots more muppet movies. But unfortunately that's not the case.

As JV said there is nothing to prove he disliked the script. Also if he really disliked the script I hardly think he would've let them shoot on their backlot.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'd also like to add it's really hard to have any say in a franchise you no longer own the rights to.

Reaction score
Once again agree to disagree. Maybe you should write to Brian himself and ask him. And yes if Jim were alive we probably would've had lots more muppet movies. But unfortunately that's not the case.

As JV said there is nothing to prove he disliked the script. Also if he really disliked the script I hardly think he would've let them shoot on their backlot.
so if Jim Henson was alive, and Jason Siegel brought him that script do you think he would have done it?