Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Because more then likely Jim Henson and Frank Oz would still probably be collaborating on a script if he was still alive. Infact for all we know the muppets might not have been sold to Disney. We don't know how things would've been if Jim were still alive. Frank is retired, Jim's family sold the rights the only people we can rely on now is companies like Disney who believe in the franchise as much as us fans to make sure they don't ever die.

Reaction score
Muppet Movies (Top 3, in this order)

1. Muppets take Manhattan
2. The Muppets (2011)
3. The Muppet Movie

Reaction score
Because more then likely Jim Henson and Frank Oz would still probably be collaborating on a script if he was still alive. Infact for all we know the muppets might not have been sold to Disney. We don't know how things would've been if Jim were still alive. Frank is retired, Jim's family sold the rights the only people we can rely on now is companies like Disney who believe in the franchise as much as us fans to make sure they don't ever die.
Actually Jim was alive when the Muppets joined Disney

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah but the rights weren't fully sold to Disney till 2004. Jim was in talks at the time to sell his company to Disney mainly because he wanted to become less of a business man and more on the creative front. But unfortunately he past away before any further talks were made.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Let me apologize in advance for not going back and reading the 800ish posts that I haven't read all of in this thread. If I inadvertently cause state something someone else has stated, mea culpa, mea culpa. But I've been watching The Muppets and I've been listening to it under my writing for several days now, running to look when my favorite parts came up and here are some things that I have loved and want to share. Mostly cheers, a few jeers.

Things I love about The Muppets

Cheers!

The conga line that shows on the Bonus Features screen. Not a bad performance in the lot. Beaker and Bunsen are particularly awesome in that, although the chef has some serious moves.

Piggy’s amazing hair and wardrobe throughout the movie.

Fozzie’s pajamas made out of the same fabric as his pink and white tie.

“I should sign some glossies.”

Piggy and Kermit sharing ANOTHER kiss in the blooper reel and making a little mush talk. That was soooo encouraging.

Lew Zealand calling Kermit “Mr. The Frog,” (Told you!)

Piggy complaining about the 80s robot’s driving when she is mashed up against the back passenger window.

The muttering after Piggy tells everyone, “Don’t crowd me!”

The ultra-slick way Piggy shines Kermit on when he comes to talk to her about doing a duet. “It seems everybody expects us to do a solo.” That’s your big romantic invitation? Sad, frog. Sad.

The way they repurposed the scene that was supposed to happen before Kermit and Piggy’s huge fight into something much more lovey-dovey. I could live my whole life without ever seeing that nasty fight.

I love that each character’s formal dress was different, depending on that character’s personality.

“I just sang a whole song about it.” (Spoken like a true entertainer! If I sang it, it must be true!)

Walter making a Walter-sized brick hole in the theater wall with the trash can painted on it.

The way Amy Adams is just plain poetry in motion in every dance number. She is just amazing.

“Hail the Hobo King.”

Fozzie saving the day with his joke. Let’s hear it for the bear.

Piggy actually hugs Walter when he joins them at the end.

A mention of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, one of Jim’s last projects.

Sweetum’s tuxedo dickey.

Bobo getting the girls at the end.

Walter’s cute little neck with his spiky hair above his tuxedo collar. It accentuated his vulnerability at that moment in a lovely way.

The way all of the muppets clasp hands and cling to each other near the end of the telethon. Link is particularly touching to me, holding hands with Beau and the others.

Smells Like Teen Spirit“-one of the greatest songs of all time”? Tee hee!

Animal’s groan of pleasure as he drums his way into the finale. (I love that Floyd was gentle with him and knew what he needed when he needed it.)

“Why am I all fancy?”

“News Flash! My phone is also dead!”

Deadly “busting a move.” (Deadly’s jazz hands were wonderful throughout!)

The sight of Scooter in his hammock, still remarkably child-like and trusting in spite of being so grown up and responsible. Cute. Cute guy.

Kermit’s comment that the penguins could sleep in the fridge.

“Bow tie, bow tie….”

That Kermit kept Piggy’s picture in the drawer marked “Beauty rings.”

Wayne and Wanda…, er, warming up in the dark.

Deadly finally reaching his limit and challenging Richman for the bolt cutters. I love it when a real man, er, dragon takes control of the situation.

“It’s an idiom, you idiot.”

“You are all naked. Uh, well, sortof. Okay—great!” (What more can a grown-up gopher wish for?)

“Oopsie!”

Kermit apparently takes his tux off to go see Piggy and aske her to stay. (I can’t help but giggle.)

Deadly’s little “hunchback” under his jacket for his spikes.

Kermit finally getting it right with Piggy.

I loved it when I realized he said “I miss you. And I need you. And maybe you don’t need the whole world to love you. Maybe you just need one person.”

The little sound that Piggy makes when Kermit finally declares his need for her, and the way her eyes go all melty soft looking at him.

Jeers!

Anybody else catch the dog ordering a pizza with ham? Ham?! Really???!!!!

We didn’t get to see very many muppet acts in the telethon! We didn’t get to see Kermit and Piggy do the tango, We didn’t see any flipping penguins! etc.

Fozzie bumping the sign and changing the numbers. I’m just pretending that didn’t happen because it make absolutely NO SENSE AT ALL.

The fact that, despite the fact that he’s such a scumbag, Richman is still pretty sexy.