New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Somebody suggested not having one main villian, and that might be a good idea. Maybe two or three seperate villians who are not associated with each other. Though I can't think of too many movies with those kinds of villians (Spiderman 3 is the only one I can think of), but it could be like the Batman movies where they have seperate villians who work on their own but eventually join the other villians and work together. But then if that was the case would the movie be required to give too much screentime to the villians to truly develop them (though it seems most of the villians in Muppet movies don't really get that much screen time)?
Follow that Bird had 2 antagonists... an antagonizing force (Finch), and a duo of villains (The Sleeze Brothers... I count them as one). Each had a connected part to the story... Finch trying to catch Big Bird due to her own self righteousness, The Brothers capturing him for their circus. I could say that would work pretty well in a Muppet film. Either 2 villains or one villain and one pain in the neck antagonist (like I said, a Zenegata character)

This is what I've been saying. Hollywood's been wanting to remake It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World for a long time now - why not do it but with Muppets? It wouldn't be exactly the original plot (especially not that ending), but there's a way to do it. The only issue is that the Muppets would be split up for a bit, but it'd be neat to see certain team-ups.
The thing is, Follow that Bird was pretty much like that. I think it would work well with the Muppets, only slightly changing it up a bit to not exactly resemble both films.

Of course, we can have them split into teams to solve a mystery or capture a criminal. So they don't have to recycle the plot line of Mad Mad Mad Mad World exactly.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
Awesome! I love Muppets! I can't wait for next year for the Newest Muppet Caper!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Awesome! I love Muppets! I can't wait for next year for the Newest Muppet Caper!
I don't think they mean literally like TMC I think they just mean the humor will be like a "Caper" the storyline is prob totally different.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I hope, though, that it isn't released next summer. I know it'd be great to have one so soon - but we don't want this thing to be rushed. They only just started writing.

Avilos

Reaction score
The completed movie! They are moving too fast! :wink:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
At this point I'm more curious of what storyline their gonna do. I mean they got me waitin in agony now teasing with only little bits. Lol!

Avilos

Reaction score
I have a sarcastic sense of humor!

Honestly think we all have to think back to the first few weeks the last movie was out. A lot of us were concerned about the box office numbers. Convinced that another movie would be many years away if it happened at all. Or we would just get more tv movies again. Think of how much has changed since than. At this point we should just be happy Disney is finally so committed to our beloved Muppets.

Status
Not open for further replies.