New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
People, I am ashamed in you. Not welcoming these three nice newbies here.

Anyway, welcome to the nut house. Watch out for flying penguins :big_grin:

Kasey Kockroach

Reaction score
Hello, all you happy tax-payers. Have been watching this place for quite awhile, and mainly didn't join out of laziness until now. Just a cartoon (and occasionally Henson and monster movie) geek/genuine menace to society who aspires to unleash his creations upon this unfortunate world of ours, be it in animated or puppet form (I have equal interest in both mediums).
I'll see what kind of mischief I can get into here...

KuhioAvenue

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Mat Kuhio & I'm a freelance illustrator & puppet maker in Brisbane, Australia. Been freelancing since 1996 doing mainly hand-drawn artwork for print advertising, & recently branched out into puppetmaking after seeing The Muppets movie a 3rd time in cinemas.

I've been a fan of everything Jim Henson-related since I was 5 & have an impressive collection of Palisades Muppets action figures & customised FAO Schwarz Whatnot puppets at our apartment.

Since I started building puppets, I've used Muppet Central as a source of information for building techniques. Everyone on here seems to be as big a Muppets fan as me so I joined up in the hope of finding out more & becoming a better puppet maker.

ReggieTuba

Reaction score
Howdy! I have been a fan of puppets in general and Muppets in particular for EVER. "The Dark Crystal" was my favorite movie for years and I used to be able to do a killer Chamberlain impression. I've been a puppeteer professionally with a company for almost 2 years now. I'm interested in branching out and doing some construction for my own projects, and was hoping that in addition to meeting with other Muppet-minded folks on the forum, I might meet people who either know construction, or know where to look for the kinds of puppets I want to make. I hope it's okay if I don't necessarily want to make Muppet-style puppets (at least, for SOME of the projects).

Kiwi Chris

Reaction score
Hey all if only the world was made like the muppets. I grew up watching Kermit on sesame street loving every minute of it no adult humor just good kid friendly comedy. I'm now 30 and have kids of my own my 5 year old sat and watched the latest movie with me and he got every joke and it's just great to see that, the muppets will never die in my family I love them, my wife wants to marry Kermit and my son is amazed that they are real. Id rather watch Kermit and the gang over any cartoon or any animated movie aimed at kids today. GO MUPPETS!!!!!!!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
AAAAAACK! *ducking flying newbies*

We're being invaded! Take coveeeerrrr!

Welcome in all! Speak up, dance your little happy dances, sprawl on the sofa in washable body paints, whatever floats your ship of fools! You'll like it here. We're all quite mad.

(Sorry. Alice flashback. Musta been that tree fungus I ate at lunch...)
---------------

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've been a huge Muppet and Sesame Street fan, for pretty much my whole life. To add with, I'm also a huge fan of several other old-school PBS Kids shows (mostly pre-2000).

Well, otherwise I'm very honored to be part of this Forum, that I have been browsing on ever since, I heard about this website, in general, and I can't wait to get started on posting stuff here.

Noventaico

Reaction score
Greetings from Puerto Rico!

I have been a Muppets-Sesame Street-Fraggle Rock-fan since I was a little kid. I grew up with all this shows and movies. They kinda help to form the person that I am now. I love all of them with all my heart. They are part of my life.

MuppetFan538

Reaction score
I had the usual Muppet childhood, Sesame Street, etc. I wasn't really introduced until during the summer of 2009, when The Muppets Take Manhattan somehow got onto our families Blockbuster DVD request list. I figured I would watch it since we had it. After that viewing I was in awe. I quickly became a rapid Muppet fan! I know own all the movies, the first three seasons of The Muppet Show, all seasons of Fraggle Rock, The Animated Fraggle Rock Series, Jim Henson's The Storyteller Complete DVD Collection.
Though it is sometimes hard being basically the only Muppet fan at my school, my love for the Muppets will never dwindle or become lost!