New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

galagr

Reaction score
I'm not exactly NEW to this forum, I joined two years ago, I just haven't been very active. I'm a big fan of obscure muppet characters. I have actually written letters to Thog, Behemoth, Roosevelt Franklin, and the Yip Yip martians asking for autographs. If ANYONE nows what Thogs' autograph looks like, please tell me.:concern: I also like other things. :smile:

Hupdaditty

Reaction score
Hi:

It's great to be part of the Muppet Central Community.

The Muppets were a big part of my growing up. I still have my original Gonzo mug from the seventies and use it everyday. We never missed the show and I've seen all of the movies. Jim Henson was a genius but we all know that.

I'm launching my own online puppet satire fall 2012. www.hupdaditty.com Please feel free to drop by and say hi.

Cheers!

Chrisecorliss

Reaction score
Wow! oh Wow! I think I've found a new place online to lose myself for hours.

Hi everyone! I'm crazy in love with everything that comes out of Henson studios. Yeah I know the Big D bought them so it's Muppets now. Potatoe, PotatO.

It would be a dream come true to retire to a job working there.

Hubert

Reaction score
I think I should greet some people who have yet to be greeted:

Hi DanimalUK! Hope you've liked your first 6 days here!

galagr, welcome back here! Love the obscure character obsession. I love obscure characters myself.

Welcome to the community, Hupdaditty! Glad to see people acknowledging Jim as a genius in their first post! Good start.

Chrisecorliss, you will lose yourself here for hours. I have myself. Welcome!

Greetings Arthur Smith! Nice to a puppet builder coming in. Welcome to the form!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Greetings new people. I'm Sarge, forum idiot and poster of all things nonsensical. Don't worry, I'm harmless :stick_out_tongue:

jabberjaws

Reaction score
Hello everyone! It has always been a secret dream of mine to be the voice of a cartoon character or a puppeteer. I though if I tried I would be poo pooed by my parents and not taken seriously so I shoved that dream to the back of my head. I would love to know how to get started. I live in Cinnaminson, NJ. I am a behavior consultant right now and I think I'm starting to burn out. I thought maybe I could revisit this dream now and it would help me re-energize. I just got done watching Being Elmo and LOVED IT! I always walk around doing voices, voices for my dogs, my husband, and just me. Someone please help me! Thanks!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Crap I never did introduce myself when I first joined here. Haha! I just jumped right in. But I think most people on here know me already. XP But I'll still say "hello"!!! And I love this place and everyone here. :smile:

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Hey there!

Nice to meet all y'all, just thought I'd introduce myself :smile: I'm a lady who's enamored with puppetry. I've never done it myself, but I'm devoting the summer that I'm NOT devoting to learning Korean and working to making puppets and becoming a legitimate puppeteer! If anyone has tips, holler at me!

I really like visual art (and running and martial arts, though that's not super relevant here I don't think :stick_out_tongue:), and my favorite childhood show since birth, practically, was Sesame Street. That's really where my interest in Henson's work began. However, Fraggle Rock has become my favorite Henson world over the past year! That's about all I'll say for now; 'sgreat to be here :big_grin:

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Hello everyone! It has always been a secret dream of mine to be the voice of a cartoon character or a puppeteer. I though if I tried I would be poo pooed by my parents and not taken seriously so I shoved that dream to the back of my head. I would love to know how to get started. I live in Cinnaminson, NJ. I am a behavior consultant right now and I think I'm starting to burn out. I thought maybe I could revisit this dream now and it would help me re-energize. I just got done watching Being Elmo and LOVED IT! I always walk around doing voices, voices for my dogs, my husband, and just me. Someone please help me! Thanks!
Hey there jabberjaws!

Your avatar is just awesome, Fizzgig is the bomb diggity :cool:! I just wanna say that I had the same childhood dream, I really did. Right now I'm not pursuing it, really, but I think it's awesome to see someone out there who has that fire! If I ever discover an in for you, I'll letcha know :wink:

Maybe check out the art scene in your area (or extended area)? If you could meet people who are (independent) creators of puppets or animations, they might be able to offer you some ground-up opportunities to try your dream out!