The breakfast cereal thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What in the world happened to Trix?

I haven't had any in about a year or so (IIRC), but now, it's like it leaves a rather rancid after taste in the back of your throat, and you have to wash the bowl quickly, otherwise it starts stinking really bad too.

What are they putting in it now?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Note to self: Don't get Trix anymore. They've done something to it.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I had a random thought earlier today. I was thinking to myself about the show I'm doing, and was thinking about chatting about Paris Hilton's new single(for comedic purposes) and thought that 'some artist are like the vowels, you listen and it's like 'sometimes Y'.' then I thought "Whatever happened to Alpha-Bits?' and then I thought 'If they put marshmallow vowels into marshmallow Alpha-Bits, then shouldn't the Y be half marshmallow?'
The reason I put that there is to ask the following question. Whatever happened to Alpha-Bits? Are they still around? I can't remember if I've seen em recently or not.

Daniel

kyunkyua

Reaction score
I had a random thought earlier today. I was thinking to myself about the show I'm doing, and was thinking about chatting about Paris Hilton's new single(for comedic purposes) and thought that 'some artist are like the vowels, you listen and it's like 'sometimes Y'.' then I thought "Whatever happened to Alpha-Bits?' and then I thought 'If they put marshmallow vowels into marshmallow Alpha-Bits, then shouldn't the Y be half marshmallow?'
The reason I put that there is to ask the following question. Whatever happened to Alpha-Bits? Are they still around? I can't remember if I've seen em recently or not.

Daniel
They're apparently still around. The marshmallow kind has been discontinued for a while, though.

Teheheman

Reaction score
They're apparently still around. The marshmallow kind has been discontinued for a while, though.
Oh good. I just don't remember seeing them for awhile, I wasn't sure they were still around.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
Note to self: Don't get Trix anymore. They've done something to it.
General Mills has been tweaking the formulas of all its cereals to get rid of certain ingredients. While I think it's a noble cause, the flavors of the cereals suffer. I especially hated the Whole Grain phase where every cereal tasted like bark. Now that they've replaced corn sweeteners with regular sugar, the sweetness level is a little off in certain brands. Count Chocula for example doesn't quite have the same chocolatey flavor it used to, but they've tweaked it for a while and it tasted just a bit better recently.

I don't know what's in Trix. I doubt there's any real fruit in there, but if there is, that sounds like the problem. Something's curdling the milk, sounds like. I once had that problem with Froot Loops, and swapped out the milk for Orange Juice (trust me on this) for a full on fruit flavor. It actually tasted better than putting in Milk.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
General Mills has been tweaking the formulas of all its cereals to get rid of certain ingredients. While I think it's a noble cause, the flavors of the cereals suffer.
Yeah, like back when all cereals were suddenly like 75% less sugar, and little kids all over the world were like, "What are you trying to do, kill us?"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, like back when all cereals were suddenly like 75% less sugar, and little kids all over the world were like, "What are you trying to do, kill us?"
Actually not quite. The 75% less sugar cereals were a sub-brand that did poorly. I mean trying out different artificial flavors and finding alternatives to High Fructose corn sweeteners (a boon for those allergic to fructose at any rate). Unfortunately, they relied on certain things so long, that getting those perfect flavors out of different ingredients has been a craps shoot.