Nate Butler Original Art + Collectibles

muppetperson

Reaction score
I am also interested in the Style guide(Is it Henson or Disney?) and the crew items.Will PM you.thanks.

SwedishTech

Reaction score
I'm interested as well! It'd probably be a good idea to post pictures and info here, It would save you a lot of work. Lol. :smile:

Nate Butler

Reaction score
Thank you, one and all, for your interest, posts and private messages... I'll try to get some images & more info posted soon. In the meantime, since there seems to be a lot of interest in them, I have two of the pre-Disney Style Guides (Classic Muppet characters) and one Sesame Street Style Guide. Thanks again.

Stulz

Reaction score
Nate, I'm interested in all the Muppet/Muppet Treasure Island style guides, non-Sesame Holiday Cards, The day planner, and the copies of the Henson Press.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I am interested in a Muppet Style Guide.Would you ship to Australia?Have you worked out any prices yet?

Nate Butler

Reaction score
Thank you once more, everyone, for all your interest/posts/private messages. Because there are quite a few folks interested in the same items, I'm going to ask if you would please be willing to send me bids for individual items via private message or directly to my email account ( natebutler@aol.com ). Some of you are offering bids on the lots you want, but the lots overlap, so it's hard to know who's offering how much for what. For example, one person has offered $750 for the following lot

all of the Christmas cards
the Muppets Style Guide with the Leonardo da Vinci cover
the 1991 Date Book
the Muppet Press Papers

... but others have just wanted the Christmas cards alone, or the Classic Muppet & Sesame Street Muppet style guides, etc., etc.

Is this an okay solution? I don't want to be obnoxious about this. :embarrassed: If someone has a better idea for the best way forward, I'm open to it! :smile:

Thanks again,
Nate

Nate Butler

Reaction score
Also, would folks here be interested in seeing images of some of my Muppet original art that's for sale, too?

I didn't get much of that artwork back, because I signed a work-for-hire contract/agreement that gave Henson all rights to everything including permanent possession of my artwork. So most of my originals are from other licensees such as Muppet Magazine and Marvel Comics.

In other cases I have coloring book pages that had to be redone/redrawn for licensees such as Longmeadow Press or Golden Books/Western Publishing, so I have those few originals. (In particular, I have some VERY nice, signed penciled pages that the great Marie Severin did over my layouts for the Muppet Classic Theater coloring book, pub'd in 1995, that were rejected as "too detailed" by the Muppet Art Director.)

As for the Muppet Magazine originals, I think I still have a few pages from the "Squeal of Fortune" comic strip (Spring 1987) and the "Origin of the Olympics" comic strip (Winter 1988). I think I've sold all my "Star Cluck!" and "Crocodile Kermie" comic strip pages.

And I think I have all the page artwork from the stories I did for Muppet Babies #25 ("Castle of Gold," May 1989) and Muppet Babies #26 ("What a Job," July 1989)

Otherwise I have preliminary art/sketches for the Coloring and Activity Books, Magic Pen & Invisible Ink Books, Bath and Cloth Books, Hardcover Books, and the other products that are available for sale. Golden Books/Western Publishing required that I do all my pencil art on tracing paper first, before transferring them to the final art boards (to keep those finished boards as clean as possible), so I have a LOT of those tracing paper pencil drawings.
So again, if anyone is interested in seeing images of any of this art, please let me know. Thanks!

Nate

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hi Nate,
I think it'd be great to see as much as possible!

Nate Butler

Reaction score
Hi Nate,
I think it'd be great to see as much as possible!
Thanks so much, Warrick... it's just that I'm short on time currently :busy: and don't want to spend a whole lot of time scanning and posting things that people aren't interested in buying right now.