Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Hubert

Reaction score
I just thought of this:

Y'know that Delta Faucets commercial that used a portion of The Count's "Hands" song that debuted in 2009? It's weird, but I just saw that commercial last night on TV. :batty:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just got the shocking news. I don't believe it. Ironicly I was just thinking about The Count all this morning too. I had "Count up to Nine for me" stuck in my head and laughing how The Count pernounces Seven like "Sewon" sometimes. lol I just thought that Franks the oldest performer that's still living. And I just wrote Jerry a letter weeks ago too. This is defenately a sad day. RIP Jerry.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Forgive me if it's already been said, I'm too broken up to read through all seven pages of us talking about how shocked and saddened we are by Jerry's death, but does anyone know what the specific cause of death was? I'm sure probably his COPD was a contributing factor.

Reaction score
Oh, this is not happy news to come to in the morning. I was just watching my Fraggle Rock DVDs again recently and admiring all the talent from Jerry (Gobo) on down.

A little more of the magic is gone.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Forgive me if it's already been said, I'm too broken up to read through all seven pages of us talking about how shocked and saddened we are by Jerry's death, but does anyone know what the specific cause of death was? I'm sure probably his COPD was a contributing factor.
No, it's not mentioned in this thread. Wikipedia and Muppet Wiki yield no info. Not even major news sites.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Gutted, just gutted!! :sympathy: The world's lost another legend and us Muppet fans have suffered another tragic blow. At least we have what he left behind and what brought us all here to Muppet Central.