1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Oscarfan, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Kermoot

Kermoot New Member

That is just wonderful I am so glad others see the wonder of Jerry and all the Muppets
  2. Zoot the Saxer

Zoot the Saxer Active Member

:) Thanks, me too. :sing:
  3. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Me three.
  4. GoboDeadly95

GoboDeadly95 Active Member

I've learned quickly on here there are a lot of us who came into the Muppets after the deaths of Jim Henson and Richard Hunt. I myself am a HUGE Fraggle fan. When I was 16 I requested to go to the Muppet exhibit in Chicago. On my birthday! (We did) It was amazing. My fondest memory was scurrying through the exhibit to find the Gobo and Cantus Muppets. My mom said she teared up as she watched me because I was so "reverent" in front of these Muppets. To me the passing of Mr. Nelson is like the passing of a best friend. I grew up with him. He got me through tough times and taught me lessons. (So much more than counting.)
    So no youngins you are not alone.
    Walter and meepmuppaphones like this.
  5. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I got the news just now. This is quite heartbreaking especially considering that he's been active with the Muppets (still performing the Count on SS, etc.) up to this day. I know Matt will probably cover his characters, but as Big Bird said upon the death of Mr. Hooper: It won't be the same.
  6. FrackleFan2012

That's right, Daffyfan2003.

It won't be the same.

Eventually, we'll loose all of the main Muppeters including Frank Oz, Dave Goelz and Steve Whitmire.

It can be hard without Jerry Nelson living in this world.

You can't have another Jerry Nelson in the this world.

He's one, one Fantastic Muppeteer. Ah ah ah! :batty:
  7. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

8. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

He was one of my favourite performers, I love the count, who is my favourite muppet from Sesame Street. He will be missed, I love how he answered a message ive sent him, and was too special for me. Well miss you MR. Nelson. All my prayers to his familly, friends and Muppet- Sesame colleagues.
  9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

"They call me Sir Robin the Brave, and history one day will rave..." is one of my earliest childhood memories. Thanks Jerry. :)
  10. Pinkflower7783

Let's not even think about that please...it's hard enough already.
  11. FrackleFan2012

Oops. Sorry, again.
  12. Pinkflower7783

I was 7 years old when Jim Henson died and at the time didnt really understand death a whole lot nor did I really know who he was. But now since hearing this news about Jerry I wish I was that 7 year old again who didn't understand. :(
  13. Pinkflower7783

It's okay no apologies needed but I don't think many people want to even think about that.
  14. monkeyjb1988

monkeyjb1988 Member

I just found out on ABC News. Was sad to hear. I like the piece done, but they barely scratched the depths of Jerry's talents, only mentioning the Count, a few others, and Snuffy (a character not played by Jerry for years). Oh well, we know what he's done and we'll always be grateful to Jerry Nelson. :)
  15. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Active Member

OK, about the video: IDK for sure if it's going to happen, but it's just an idea that came to me, so it's basically in the planning stages.
  16. Pinkflower7783

I'm sure the last thing on Matt's mind right now is taking over Jerry's characters I'm sure like us and the Muppeteers themselves their all grieving right now. I don't know if excitement is the right word maybe more "honored."
  17. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I can quite take Bless Us All just yet...I really do feel like the message of Robin in that song is soooooo the kind of message he'd want to leave for us though. If we could live by the lyrics...for even a few days...we'd impact others too.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  18. FrackleFan2012

Life is full of sweet surpises
    Everyday's a gift
    The sun comes up and i can feel it lift my spirit
    Fills me up with laughter, fills me up with song
    I look into the eyes of love and know that i belong

Bless us all, who gather here
    The loving family i hold dear
    No place on earth, compares with home
    And every path will bring me back from where i rome
    Bless us all, that as we live
    We always comfort and forgive
    We have so much, that we can share
    With those in need we see around us everywhere

Let us always love eachother
    Lead us to the light
    Let us hear the voice of reason, singing in the night
    Let us run from anger and catch us when we fall
    Teach us in our dreams and please, yes please
    Bless us one and all

Bless us all with playful years
    With noisy games and joyful tears
    We reach for you and we stand tall
    And in our prayers and dreams
    We ask you bless us all

We reach for you and we stand tall
    And in our prayers and dreams we ask you
    Bless us all
  19. Pinkflower7783

I can't take listening to too many songs right now. :(
    GoboDeadly95 likes this.
  20. GoboDeadly95

GoboDeadly95 Active Member

Don't worry I'm afraid to too. I want to listen to the Fraggle songs on my iPod but I'm worried about my reaction if I do.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.