FAN SURVEY: Muppet Antenna Toppers

AVP

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
I'm trying to figure out if this company already has some Disney antenna toppers out, as I found some at WalMart, and they don't look too bad.
Quick introduction - my name is Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix, and I am the owner of MouseShoppe.com, which is one of the wholesale distributor of these toppers.

I'm also on the board of MousePlanet.com, which is the company that is running this survey on behalf of Blum, Inc., which is the licensee for these antenna toppers. Whew!

OK, so now that that's out of the way... :smile:

Yes, the Disney toppers that you saw at WalMart are made by the same company. Those are from Disney Series #1. Disney Series #2 is currently in development, and is one of the new lines we are surveying now.

We really appreciate MuppetCentral for publicizing the survey, and you guys have given us some awesome feedback. I agree with most of what you have said, and I've sent samples of "naked Kermit" figures to Blum, Inc. to show them what you're asking for. I knew Beaker was going to be one of the most popular "requests," and Sam Eagle is winning the write-in vote.

So, please keep the feedback coming! I don't know how much Muppets Series #1 will change from what you see now, but I'm already looking forward to Muppets Series #2.

Thanks,
AVP

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hello AVP! Welcome to Muppet Central!

wow Sam the Eagle would be great :attitude: Fozzie bear would be a good one too! and as for me i'd like Rowlf the dog and also the newer hot muppet Pepe the King Prawn.

thanks for listening to us!

Zack the dog

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I vote for pepe too. Hey - why didn't you mention Rowlf the Dog, Zack. Traitor. LOL! :sympathy: Just kiddin ya,

Welcome aboard, AVP! :smile:

radionate

Reaction score
Welcom AVP! I am the proud owner of the Pie Eyed Mickey Mouse against the Gold Star from Wal-Mart!

I hope the Muppet line works out for many series!

Will these be available at the Wal Mart too? (don'tcha just love the idea of Muppet Show stuff at Wal-Mart)!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I vote for pepe too. Hey - why didn't you mention Rowlf the Dog, Zack. Traitor. LOL! Just kiddin ya,
Jamie,but i did! read it again!:confused: :confused:

I may not be good at counting penguins and rats, but i would never forget one piano playing dog!:smile:

zack,

AVP

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Welcom AVP! I am the proud owner of the Pie Eyed Mickey Mouse against the Gold Star from Wal-Mart!
How funny - that's the one currently on my car!

Will these be available at the Wal Mart too?
I honestly don't know. I only handle independent and online retailers - I'm not sure which of the national accounts will be carrying these. If you answered "yes" to the final "do you want to be notified when these are available for retail sale" question on the survey, we'll send you a list of my accounts that are carrying the line. (The national account are on their own!)

AVP

GWGumby

Reaction score
I love the idea of Antenna Toppers as a way of personlizing one's vehicle as well as being able to find said vehicle in a crowded parking lot more easily.

That being said, I used to make my own homemade antenna toppers which I'd construct and paint and add accessories to. They would usually last a week to two weeks on my antenna and then they'd disappear.

The problem is, as far as I know, antenna toppers aren't secure. So by putting there you're sort of relying on the "honor system" that no one else will take it. After doing about 4 or 5 of my homemade antenna toppers, I gave up because they became too much of a target.

Then there was that time when I was driving down the street and saw one of my toppers on a car coming the opposite way. At least someone was enjoying them, if I wasn't.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
I meant antenna topper.

And don't fool yourself... nobody is listening to the *radio* anyway.

:stick_out_tongue:
Hello Everyone I am uncleduke, and I am a NOBODY!!

I cannot imagine why there are so many radio stations broadcasting if no one is listening to them......(especially NPR Saturday afternoons).
With the exception of a Residents tape and few Muppet cassettes, we listen to the radio all the time, both in the car, and at home. (go figure, my family still reads books, too)

As far as having an antenna topper on your car - we have had a Mickey Mouse topper on our antenna for over four years!

I guess no self respecting criminal wants a Mickey Mouse on his low rider -- hope the same holds true for Muppets.:crazy:

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
Then there was that time when I was driving down the street and saw one of my toppers on a car coming the opposite way. At least someone was enjoying them, if I wasn't.
I would have stalked that car, snatched it off their antenna, and left them a nasty note! LOL! :mad:

AVP

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just talked with the manufacturer, and they want to end the survey a little earlier than planned. The survey will run until Monday morning, and then the results tabulated and the winners chosen.

Thank you for your input - I really hope that they get enough ideas from your suggestions to go forward with a few new series of Muppet toppers.

Thanks!
AVP