1001 ways to cover your puppet with fabrics

Iokitek

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply :smile: I must've missed your post.

I hope you could someday find out where they sell it and let me know. Although I must say that I still don't have a 2nd washing machine or a way to hook it up. So it probably isn't an option for me anyway. I'm actually afraid that my clothes will end up in the color of the dye I used for the Antron Fleece. Does anyone have any negative experiences with this? or am I just paranoid?

I'm learning how to make all kinds of puppets actually. At the moment I have alot of fur so I decided to just use it to try out some building techniques. From using foam sheets and patterns to carving foam directly and adding fur using this technique. But my passion actually lies with sculpting, molding and casting. I would love to make marionettes with electronics. But I'm not making alot of progress so far. Right now I'm still busy with sculpting and learning how to make molds :smile: One step at a time.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Don't use washing machines to dye antron fleece. Hand dye it in a basin or something like that. Most machines (washers and dryers) tend to make the fleece pill.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Don't use washing machines to dye antron fleece. Hand dye it in a basin or something like that. Most machines (washers and dryers) tend to make the fleece pill.
Will that still happen if you wash the fleece in, say, a pillow case or something?

MagentaHaiku

Reaction score
For our children's television final production we made our puppets out of felt- big mistake... the felt got all gross trying to attach props to the puppets and it got all nubby everywhere. It was also very comparable in price to artic fleece which is what I would much rather use.

Right now I'm using chinchilla (not real) fur from fabricland for my puppet, and as long as you match the grain you're good to go.. It hides the seams pretty well.

Take care,
Kristen

Blink

Reaction score
MagentaHaiku said:
For our children's television final production we made our puppets out of felt- big mistake... the felt got all gross trying to attach props to the puppets and it got all nubby everywhere. It was also very comparable in price to artic fleece which is what I would much rather use.

Right now I'm using chinchilla (not real) fur from fabricland for my puppet, and as long as you match the grain you're good to go.. It hides the seams pretty well.

Take care,
Kristen
Hi Kristen,

I am curious. What was your "children's television final production"?

Fabricland pretty much has some amazing furs. It is just a matter of looking at as many different locations as you can, since they each have their own inventory.