2004 World Series Baseball

King Jim

Reaction score
This year will be the 2004 world series. Who do you think will win, Yankees Red Sox, Blue Jays, Devil Rays.

Any more teams in the playoffs.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
As long as the Yanks are crushed, all will be well in the world. I live in Kansas City and I am a Royals fan :embarrassed: . My guys broke their franchise record for losses last night (101) and still have four or five games to go. To cheer me up, I'll be looking for a Red Sox/Astros matchup with the Red Sox winning in six. Though my affection for the Braves has dwindled over the years as more and more of their core players from 95 have been shipped elsewhere I would not complain if they made it to the Series this year.

BTW: Rafael Palmeiro's countdown to 3,000 hits: 86

McFraggle

Reaction score
I'm not a Yankees fan either. I'm a Reds fan at heart, but I think if I had my choice it would be the Cubs and Red Sox in the World Series, since the Reds aren't going to be there this year. :big_grin:

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
bobhopesite said:
This year will be the 2004 world series. Who do you think will win, Yankees Red Sox, Blue Jays, Devil Rays.
Well, it won't be the Blue Jays or Devil Rays since they were already eliminated from contention. The playoff teams right now are the Twins, Yankees, Red Sox, Braves, and Cardinals. There are still three more playoff spots up for grabs over the weekend.

Personally, I'd LOVE to see a Twins-Cubs World Series. Unfortunately, the Cubs won't even make the playoffs if they keep choking.

Docnzhoss said:
As long as the Yanks are crushed, all will be well in the world.
Amen.

ceecee

Reaction score
Go Twins!!!!!!

I'm just happy that my Twins are in the playoffs for the third year in a row! They don't get a lot of respect in the sports world, but they deserve it.

The Twins will be playing either the Yankees or Red Sox in the 1st round of playoffs.

As for the national league, I would like to see either the Cubs or Astros in the World Series, just because neither team has been there for awhile (or at all? sorry...don't know my NL history very well....)

If you don't have a team to root for, root for the Twins!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McFraggle

Reaction score
ceecee said:
I'm just happy that my Twins are in the playoffs for the third year in a row! They don't get a lot of respect in the sports world, but they deserve it.

The Twins will be playing either the Yankees or Red Sox in the 1st round of playoffs.

As for the national league, I would like to see either the Cubs or Astros in the World Series, just because neither team has been there for awhile (or at all? sorry...don't know my NL history very well....)

If you don't have a team to root for, root for the Twins!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I root for teams like the Twins. It's good to see a team that doesn't spend tons of money actually win. :smile:

King Jim

Reaction score
I love the Yankees. Well because Bob Hope did.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Well it looks like the Cubs are out of contention for the playoffs. :sympathy:

ceecee

Reaction score
Here are the Divisional Series match-ups:

American League:
Minnesota Twins vs. New York Yankees (go Twins!!!!!!!!)
Boston Red Sox vs. Anaheim Angels

National League:
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. St. Louis Cardinals
Houston Astros vs. Atlanta Braves

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
As much as I would love to see the Twins smash the Yankees, it won't happen. The Red Sox, however, will beat the Angels and the Yankees to become AL Champs (some of this is based on wishful thinking). The Astros will beat the Kings of Choke (the Braves) and the Cardinals will roll past the Dodgers in the NL. With good fortune and Carlos Beltran on their side, the Astos will be the NL Champs. All I know is that this is a postseason actually worth watching (unless the Yankees somehow plow through MN and BoSox).