2004 World Series Baseball

McFraggle

Reaction score
I would like to see Boston win, but I'm always afraid of the Yankees, because... well, they're the Yankees.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I'm tired of the Yankees. I wish they'd go below 500 for the next 5 years so I don't have to see them in the playoffs every year. The Yanks like the Lakers seem to be the two biggest sports teams that are over exposed.

I live in Houston and think the Astros will get stopped by the Braves.

ryan

McFraggle

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
I'm tired of the Yankees. I wish they'd go below 500 for the next 5 years so I don't have to see them in the playoffs every year. The Yanks like the Lakers seem to be the two biggest sports teams that are over exposed.
I agree, down with the Yankees. :crazy:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Well, Red Sox v. Yankees in the AL Championship Series

Cardinals v. ? in the NLCS (Hopefully the Astros, just so I can be right for a change).

Also, Ken Caminiti just died of a heart attack. The former Padres/Astros star had problems with drugs and alcohol. We can only hope that this outcome can teach people the true dangers of drug abuse.

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
Well, Red Sox v. Yankees in the AL Championship Series

Cardinals v. ? in the NLCS (Hopefully the Astros, just so I can be right for a change).

Also, Ken Caminiti just died of a heart attack. The former Padres/Astros star had problems with drugs and alcohol. We can only hope that this outcome can teach people the true dangers of drug abuse.
I'm pulling for the Astros too since they're overdue to win a playoff series. In the AL, the Red Sox are my pick because they have better starting pitching and enough good clutch hitters. Plus, it would be nice if the Sox could finally win so we never have to hear about "The Curse" and all that other nonsense again.

As for Ken Caminiti, I hope every major leaguer on steroids hears of his death and seriously considers what they're doing to their bodies long-term. Caminiti readily admitted to using steroids during his playing career and I'm assuming that contributed to his early death. He was only 41 years old.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Amazing Mumford said:
I'm pulling for the Astros too since they're overdue to win a playoff series. In the AL, the Red Sox are my pick because they have better starting pitching and enough good clutch hitters. Plus, it would be nice if the Sox could finally win so we never have to hear about "The Curse" and all that other nonsense again.
Here here!

Amazing Mumford said:
As for Ken Caminiti, I hope every major leaguer on steroids hears of his death and seriously considers what they're doing to their bodies long-term. Caminiti readily admitted to using steroids during his playing career and I'm assuming that contributed to his early death. He was only 41 years old.
Here here.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
The Astros vs. the Cardinals

I'm pulling for the Astros but I think both teams are just as deserving. The Astros have many great veterans nearing the end of their careers that deserve a taste of the World Series (Biggio, Bagwell, etc.) and play the game correctly and hard.

The Cardinals are also a very good team that does everything right. They are so fundamentally sound (moving runners over, hitting the cutoff man, etc.) and were throughout the season and that deserves to be rewarded. In today's professional sports of me-first attitudes it is refreshing. Last years Florida Marlins did the little things as well.

Yankees vs. the Red Sox

While I'm rooting for the National League I think this will be a tremendous championship series. I would have to agree that I wouldn't mind seeing the Red Sox win just so we don't have to hear about that stupid 'curse' anymore.

I'm a lifelong Brewers fan. Talk about a curse . . . .