2005 Fraggles at Toy Fair

Foodie

Reaction score
A friend of mine is attending the New York Toy Fair this year. He just emailed me with new fraggle merchandise info and pictures of the Fraggle UNO!
This is what he told me. :smirk:

"Hey there...I poked around Toy Fair for any Fraggle Rock stuff for you.

Sababa had Mokey and Uncle Travelling Matt plushes all ready to go.
They also have a two-pack of beaniebaby type Fraggles coming that
include a DVD with one Fraggle Rock episode on them.

And they said that the Fraggle Rock DVD box set is coming in May.

Oh, and there's a Fraggle Rock Uno card set coming, too.

Down with Fraggle Rock! "

I dunno if the " beanie " fraggles are smaller or what just yet. I'm gonna bug him for more details. The info about the DVD sets coming out in May is nice. May's gonna be busy for me with all the new Fraggle Rock & Star Wars stuff.

Nick

P.S. Here's a link to a picture of UNO. http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/15467823/ :smirk:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
This is some great news. Thanks for sharing it Foodie (or should I say Foodie's firend). I am am really excited about the Fraggle UNO - it really looks cool. There is alsoi a news post about a lot the Fraggle stuff from Sababa at the GelflingWaldo files (along with some pictures) - so if you are interested in all this stuff check it out.

I am interested about the "Fraggle Rock DVD box set is coming in May" (as Foodie mentioned), I've heard from a bunch of people at the NY Toy Fair that the buzz around the Fraggle items is of a DVD box set in the spring - this could just be a rummor or just people with confused/misstated facts. But some how this idea has gotten into many people's heads at the "fair". I've tried contacting HIT to hopefuly we'll get it cleared up (no responce yet) but it sounds promising (or just a run-away rumor...again) I'll keep you posted if I find out anything about the DVDs. Still it looks like Sababa will help feed my Fraggle hunger for a while.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Any pics of the Sababa stuff? Or when the 2 packs with dvds will be released? Or Which epidodes will come with the benies?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh my god, I was so excited to read this post I started jumping up and down! (and really scared my cat). I have all 4 Fraggles sitting on my bed and there is a blank spot where Mokey should be! I'll probably get Traveling Matt too and then I'll have an even number. And the box set this spring!!!! That would be cooler than words!!! I'm interested in these beanies. Even if they come with one Fraggle episode, it would be better than nothing. Uno will be cool too! Can you tell I'm just Fraggle crazy!!!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
WembleyFraggle, I'll try to answer your questions with what we know now, but you may want to try to contact Sababa Toys by phone and ask them all your questions at 646-638-1240 (and then share what you find out with all us here).

wembleyfraggle said:
Any pics of the Sababa stuff?
Not yet. :smirk: Hopefully some will surface soon.

wembleyfraggle said:
When the 2 packs with dvds will be released?
Some time this year. Not sure if there is an exact date, but I recall it'll be Summer-ish (but not 100% sure on this).

wembleyfraggle said:
Which epidodes will come with the benies?
Not sure yet - it has not been announced. But the disk that comes with the "beanie-like two-pack" will contain one episode and no bonus features. Just one little episode slapped on a disk and stuck in the package. (It may be one that is allready released -like Beginings). We don't know yet. But you could try asking Sababa or even HIT Entertainment on this one.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Foodie and GelflingWaldo,

When you say "Fraggle Rock DVD box set is coming in May," is this to be confused with the season sets that are rumored for this fall?

Are they one and the same?

CoOKiE

Reaction score
What section had the Plushes? I was looking at a Toy Fair website, that posted, whats seems like, every figure. You click on a company, and then u can select what toy line you wanted to see. Sad thing is... Sababa wasn't listed :frown: so i couldn't see any pics. PLease lemme know if you can find out where these were located, if not able to show us photos

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Traveling Matt said:
When you say "Fraggle Rock DVD box set is coming in May," is this to be confused with the season sets that are rumored for this fall?

Are they one and the same?
Unsure, there is just this rumor buzzing around of a DVD box set in May - but it could just be 110% false (you know how rumors can be). I'm trying to get this one cleared up right now, and get us a real answer to what is up.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I spoke with TvShowsOnDvd.com, who in turn contacted HIT about the DVD box sets mentioned in this thread.

According to HIT, nothing is planned for Fraggle Rock in May. Another rumor, it seems :embarrassed:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Traveling Matt said:
According to HIT, nothing is planned for Fraggle Rock in May. Another rumor, it seems :embarrassed:
So what else is new? :rolleyes: Ugh, I wish HIT would just decide to make box sets and announce it already.