2005 Fraggles at Toy Fair

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
wembleyfraggle said:
Which epidodes will come with the benies?
The dolls (which are similar to beanie babies) are about half the size of original Sababa plushes. They come in a pack of two characters and a bonus dvd (the DVD just has the one episode on it nothing more).

The first one is a Gobo and Wembley dolls with a DVD of the episode "The Beast of BlueRock"

The second one is Red and Boober dolls with a DVD of the episode "Marooned"

Again Mokey (the "fifth-wheel-Fraggle") is left out of this initial release, but maybe if these sell well we will see a third set next year with Mokey (and possibly Uncle Matt, Sproket, a Doozer, or a Gorg doll) released with a bonus episode aswell. Only time will tell.

matleo

Reaction score
I can answer a few quesitons on this as I was at Toy Fair this weekend. The beanie type things are about half the size of the current dolls. maybe a little less. gobo and Wembey are one and contain 'the Beat of Blue Rock'. Boober and red are the other one and contain the episode where red and boober get buried alive. The episode title escapes me at present.

Boober, Wembley and the Doozer plushes all came out around summer 2004 so I imagine the 2005 dolls will do about the same.

Sababa's booth this year was kind of closed off a bit so it was tough to see things. There's a LOT of competition in the plush world so a lot of companie tend to kind of keep things under wraps a little. quite a few of the companies also don't allow for photos since stuff is being deveoped and doesn't look quite right yet. think about how many times we see Muppet stuff ro Palisades and say 'The eyes are all wrong' and then someone says 'cause he's not done yet' Anyway, hope this helps and I'll tlak to you later.

--Matt

p.S Didn't get too good a look at Matt but wht I could see of mokey looked good. boober is still they're best though.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Well we'll just have to keep hoping for our box sets and keep pushing HIT to do it! At least there is more optimism on this subject!

I am still excited that Mokey is coming this year, as well as the UNO game which looks really awesome! I think the beanies still sound pretty cool too. I could bring them to my office since they'll be smaller!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Can't wait for Mokey, Uncle Matt and Uno!! YEA!!!! :excited:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Matt,

Did Sababa happen to mention when the beanies with the DVDs would be coming out?

Thanks!

matleo

Reaction score
I didn't speak with anyone from Sababa. I just kind of snuck a peak. I have no idea when stuff is coming out.

Also as I think about it, it may not have been "Marooned". I'm thinking it was "Boober's Quiet Day". For soem reason that sticks out in my head as a tite although I thikn Marooned would have been a better choice considering the 2-pack.

--Matt

beaker

Reaction score
1. http://gelflingwaldo.blogspot.com/ I believe blows Tough Pigs and MC out of the water as far as keepin gup to date with all the Muppet/SS/FR/JHC related info.

2. This is ok news, but what about FR figures? I wish there was a way Palisades could at least release that Gobo figure they made.

Foodie

Reaction score
Ya know folks, the Sababa gal at Toy Fair that told my friend about the box set probably meant the upcoming " Rules of the Rock " DVD due out around that time. Keep in mind that my friend and the Sababa reps aren't fanatics and/or sources of all Fraggle Rock knowledge.

Why does everyone here have to jump the freakin' gun over every microscopic thing mentioned? Jeez. I was just sharing some GOOD NEWS! Next time maybe I'll just keep it to myself.

Nick :smirk:

SillyRed

Reaction score
WOW! Marooned DVD with Red and Boober Dolls?! How Appropiate!! When do they hit stores?! :excited:

beaker

Reaction score
Foodie said:
Ya know folks, the Sababa gal at Toy Fair that told my friend about the box set probably meant the upcoming " Rules of the Rock " DVD due out around that time. Keep in mind that my friend and the Sababa reps aren't fanatics and/or sources of all Fraggle Rock knowledge.

Why does everyone here have to jump the freakin' gun over every microscopic thing mentioned? Jeez. I was just sharing some GOOD NEWS! Next time maybe I'll just keep it to myself.

Nick :smirk:
Well there's not many FR fans online, we get kind of excitable:smile: