2005 Macy's parade: Sesame Street

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
I missed Prarie Dawn. Where was she? No I wished I taped it but I didn't. DARN!
Prarie Dawn shared the top middle window with Cookie Monster, everybody looked great! I especially loved seeing Herry and Barkley.

I recorded it on Dish Network DVR, but sadly, I don't yet own a DVD Recorder, otherwise, I'd be happy to send you a copy!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Yeah, they were all there except Maria, Oscar and Snuffy.
I just realized that Oscar wasn't there! That's wierd. Maybe he was out the back of the float where we couldn't see?

Xela

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Was there a Kermit balloon this year?
They mentioned because of the weather or something that many balloons were not going to be in the parade...

beaker

Reaction score
Holy tamole, that's a lot of Sesame Muppets(Loved how they still call them the Sesame Muppets) as well as a lot of puppeteers! While everything on the floats is always lip synced it seems, I wonder if there were some of the signature Muppeteers there? It's so great as usual seeing how vibrant and colorful the Sesame puppets look juxtaposed against the backdrop of NYC. Also, such a trip seeing the human cast I grew up with all still there:smile:

...but yeah, wow they managed to cram virtually all of the main Sesame muppets into one little float! I also dug the Super Grove float, just a shame they didnt have any speaking parts for any of the Muppets as they usually do at the Xmas parade one.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's good that they still include Herry, Alice, and Barkly in the thanksgiving day floats even though they don't appear on the show very much anymore. These characters were on last years float as well.

When I first saw the reddish monster, I thought he looked like he could have been from one of the foriegn versions of Sesame Street untill I remembered reading about a monster who appeared in a few inserts during the 36th season that nobody here knew the name of. I'm not sure if that's actually him or a different monster.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Its him. He's the Red Monster from the new season. I like him.

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Oscar was on the float as well. The camera just didn't pan back to him.He was in the back of the float as usual in his garbage can.It's a shame him and Bert & Ernie who were in main view above Big Bird,Elmo and Zoe weren't shown on NBC's hard camera.

zns

Reaction score
All the characters looked great, especially Herry. I liked how he looked with just that ratty looking hat on. The Count also looked good, as well as Grover. I also get a kick seeing Big Bird with those neckties on as well. Too bad they didn't show :grouchy: or :stick_out_tongue: and :frown:

BEAR

Reaction score
They showed Bert and Ernie. They were on the front side of the float in the window above Big Bird. They just didn't really get any close ups. I had no idea Oscar was on the float. They never showed him at all in the broadcast. He was on the back end? Where? What was he doing? I take it he wasn't singing.

Too bad Maria wasn't there. She was the only human cast member missing, and therefore, only principal missing since all the lead Muppets were there too. I wonder where she was.