2007 "Hairspray" Movie?!

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I heard that the songs "The Madison", "The Big Dollhouse", and the reprise of "Good Morning Baltimore" are going to be cut from the film! Those are some of my favorite songs, too!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why in God's name didn't they cast Harvey Firestine as the mother? It's like having theym film the Producers with Jay Leno as Leo Bloom....

Not a HUGE Musical buff, but if it DID have Harvey in the role instead of that Hack Travolta, I';d consider seeing it.

Too bad there's no way they'd make a film of Spamalot with the original cast.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
That would be cool... but I like that they put John Travolta in... but the way his accent is and the way he is dressed... move over Big Momma!

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Travolta finishes Filming!

Though not as big as John Travolta playing Edna Turnblad in "HAIRSPRAY", according to USA Today, John Travolta has finished filming. He finished early Saturday morning, October 28th. He was last filming the finale, "You Can't Stop the Beat!" Though the rest of the movie will still film by early December, the film's release date on July 20, 2007, is still active. Read the headline at:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2006-10-29-travolta-turnblad_x.htm?csp=34

John Travolta's (Edna Turnblad) transformation
took at least four hours on the set.​

EasyBeinGreen

Reaction score
Agh! I still hate hate hate the way Travolta looks... with Harvey (or even Bruce Vilanche) you never even began to think you were watching a man in drag (I have even heard stories of people sitting through the entire show without knowing the part of Edna was played by a man)...Travolta on the other hand... it is just so blatantly obvious

Maybe I'm just particularly fond of Harvey's raspy voice... I wont completely write Travolta off just yet.... guess I'll just have to wait until July and see how it turns out

Drtooth

Reaction score
EasyBeinGreen said:
Agh! I still hate hate hate the way Travolta looks... with Harvey (or even Bruce Vilanche) you never even began to think you were watching a man in drag (I have even heard stories of people sitting through the entire show without knowing the part of Edna was played by a man)...Travolta on the other hand... it is just so blatantly obvious
Personally, me rampant dislike of Travolta notwithstanding, I don't think he could pull it off as well as those two. I mean, Harvey.. well... not saying anything controversial, but he enjoys his effeminant mannerisms, and exploits them beautifully. Eric is good too.... but Travolta? That also makes it way too "commercial" which is a dirct contrast to John Water's indie film style.

It's like if Lloyd Kaufman had Toxic Avengers the Musi-Kill made, and when it became a movie, to make Matt Damon Toxie.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Even in the make-up, you can still tell it is John! I mean... look at it!

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
HAIRSPRAY Movie Update!!

THERE HAVE BEEN MANY CHANGES IN THE FILM THAT ARE NOT FROM THE B'WAY SHOW.​
  • THE TV STUDIO, WZZT, IS NOW WYZT​
  • RECENTLY NOTICED ON THE "ET" SEGMENTS ON HAIRSPRAY, YOU CAN SEE A GLIMPSE OF 'ULTRA CLUTCH'S' NEW LOOK FOR THE MOVIE:​

You can view these and other stuff of HAIRSPRAY
on my site.​

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I posted a new picture that I found of the entire cast & crew of HAIRSPRAY.