2008 Menu Descriptions

Erine81981

Reaction score
Once again you've out done yourself with your art. This one has always been my favorite one of all. Caroll Spinney being one of my all time favorite puppet perfomer of all. Big Bird being the first one. Thanks again Jamie for another one of your masterpieces.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:mad: Moulin Scrooge Menu :smile:

A red curtain, with golden letters reading Muppet Central, rises to reveal a gold-trimmed theater stage with red curtains framing either side. Santa is on his sleigh in the center of the composition and is quickly eclipsed by the words Happy Holidays in gold. Bunsen’s head is the glowing moon in the snowy blue night sky. This is the Moulin Scrooge (Rouge) theme from the Muppet’s Christmas special on NBC a few years ago.

On the Left - from Left to Right:
Three Muppet penguins in top hats are gathered on the far left side. Upon News rollover, three green singing Elfises pop up. Scooter peeks through the window of a spinning windmill adorned with red light bulbs on the blades. Upon Collectibles rollover, a glowing green fluttering winged Robin as the Green Fairy flies in (and out on rollout). Next to him, on Articles rollover, a sunglass wearing Gonzo appears with a cane in front of a lit building. Top hat Fozzie with a red coat raises his candycane cane on Forum rollover.

On the Right – from Left to Right:
Right of the greeting the gold top hat wearing “Saltine” Piggy in a red dress perks up and sparkles on Guides rollover. There is a blinking Moulin Scrooge sign next to her and a swing underneath. A tuxedo Kermit pops up on Radio rollover. To his right, a tuxedo Pepe pops up on Cards rollover. Three cabaret chickens are positioned to the far right to balance out their penguin mates on the far left of the composition. On Help rollover three dancing girls, with Janice in the middle, pop into view, dance and kick their legs.

This was a very difficult menu to do at the time due to the fact that it was created right after the special aired and a year before the DVD release. Much of it was patched together with VCR screen grabs, magazine stills, Muppet art and other stock art in my archives. I really liked this number from the special and kind of wished it could have taken up more of the program. This is the final Christmassy menu from Muppet Central. One more holiday menu will arrive on New Years Day.

Happy Holidays!
:flirt:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:smile: Happy New Year Manhattan Melodies 2009 Menu :flirt:

There’s a purplish-blue backdrop of a starry night sky with a moon and a New York prop-like cityscape rises up in front of it. Magenta, blue and yellow confetti fall across the screen. Fireworks of the same colors burst in the background. Four Manhattan Melody Muppets (dressed in their shimmering magenta, silver and blue tuxedos and top hats from the Muppets Take Manhattan) slide in to frame the Muppet Central logo in yellow. Miss Piggy has normal shoulder-length hair instead of the bad 80s perm, Kermit is next to her, Fozzie and Gonzo are to the right of the logo that gets replaced by the New Year’s ball drop. It has twinkling lights and blinks 2009. Pepe is straddling the ball.

The rollovers from left to right include Animal (with cane), Scooter (with cane), Rizzo pops up next to Miss Piggy, Kermit tips his hat on rollover as does Fozzie, Camilla pops up next to Gonzo, Janice pops up as does Rowlf. They are all dressed in the same costumes.

This is the final menu description until new ones are made. I hope to get around to creating new ones, but that could take some time. I wish there were time to spare as in the old days. Happy New Year and Frog Bless!

:wink:

Coming soon: Muppet Central 10th Anniversary Menu, Fraggle Rock 25th Anniversary Menu and the Valentine Menu.