2008 Muppet Daily Calendar

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread on this so thought I'd post now that it came!
(if there already is an active thread on this feel free to get a mod to lump this one in with it)

I did get both Muppet calendars - monthly (kinda boring with over-used stylized images border lining on garish) and daily (hundreds of Muppet pictures and trivia).:smile:

:eek: I've only thumbed through the daily calendar, but there's lots of cool stuff. A few images here and there I hadn't seen, some I expected to see that are absent and several repeats (some consecutive). All things considered, I prefer they make a calendar like this every year! :flirt:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does the daily calendar include any pictures of Lips, Digit, Seymour, or Fleet Scribbler?

Luke

Reaction score
Great news to see two calendars, the day to day one seems fantastic. I can't wait to get it!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The daily calendar is INCREDIBLE! I absolutely love it and can't wait until 2008 so I can start using it.

Telly

Reaction score
Dang it! The Daily Calendar sounds cool. I saw the monthly one. Wasn't too impressed with it. I'll have to keep my eyes out for the daily one though!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
An Overview: Muppets 2008 Daily Calendar!

Amazon always seems out of the calendars. Here is where I got mine at a pretty good deal!

:smile: Images include:

* Many group shots (including my fave without the floating Piggy head)
* Muppet portraits of nearly everyone (multiple photos of Sweetums, Rowlf, Scooter, Clifford, Rizzo and Pepe)
* Previous calendar shots (through the years)
* Trading card images,
* Muppet Party Cruise game images (some)
* A very cool classic Fozzie and Kermit Muppet Show poster
* Greeting cards
* An attractive poser of Bunsen (that actually looks to be for internal company use only)
* Yes Muppets on skateboards rolls by
* Swinetrek ship picture,
* Muppet Magazine photos
* Miss Piggy Cookbook photos

:attitude: Petty criticisms include:

* The trivia seems correct except I believe it marks Clifford’s debut as Muppets Tonight along with Pepe.
* Color printing is fair, but not excellent. (That’s being a rather picky graphic designer on my part.)
*Missing Muppets include Van Neuter, Johnny, Sal, other Muppet monsters, not sure if I saw penguins. There were so many repeated images, like one particular pic of Beaker, when I have the privilege of knowing there are more “clearable” photos in the archives.
* There are a few key photos I wanted to see like behind the Muppet Theater etc. (At least they didn’t include that dreadfully hacky Muppet group collage that passes for a poster. Man, that thing is ugly and done by a person without any artistic skills.) There could have been a few more classic photos, but I was pleased that they included any.

:wink: Overview: A

We are lucky to get this and all of these cool photos in one place. It’s thoughtful, surprisingly comprehensive in its selections and I hope we get more. This is the Muppet calendar for 2008.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, Pepe did debut on Muppets Tonight. Clifford didn't. Is The Jim Henson Hour even acknowledged in the calendar?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Pepe is one of my favorite characters so I know he started on MT. I always thought he was the best thing to come out of that show. I was mentioning that the calendar lumped him together with Clifford making it seem that both began together on Muppets Tonight. I saw no mention of Henson Hour. I'm keeping the calendar stored away to enjoy next year (or at least trying to). Haven't read much of the trivia yet. :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:eek: I just got my hands on a copy of the JHH series and am savoring every bit. It did happen or my misspent teenage years are catching up to me. Either way it's highly enjoyable. :big_grin:

"Of course I have real hands!" :concern: