2008 Muppet Daily Calendar

tiggergirl19

Reaction score
Can the calendars be bought in the stores too? Or oare they just online? :confused: :confused: :smile:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
:eek: I just got my hands on a copy of the JHH series and am savoring every bit. It did happen or my misspent teenage years are catching up to me. Either way it's highly enjoyable.

"Of course I have real hands!" :concern:
It's just how I feel these days I know it's really hence my user name lol :big_grin:
It's by far one of my all time fave jim henson shows.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's just how I feel these days I know it's really hence my user name lol :big_grin:
It's by far one of my all time fave jim henson shows.
The Henson Hour is one of Jim's special projects as it is one of his last works. Just seeing what he was doing with technology then (nearly two decades ago now) makes me wonder what he would be doing now.

This "Little Big Planet" PS3 interactive multi-player game (that my partner keeps raving about) looks to be something JHP under Jim's direction would be making.

PS3 players hooked in from around the world can play with friends from the other side of the world, create their own characters, set pieces and whatever this cool thing does. I don't care much for video games, but this looks like something I could get easily addicted to. They really are remote-controlled and created puppets!

PS - Just did a search for a clip. There are better ones where you can actually see a user design a character "sack boy" and the world around him.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I found a copy today, and it's really good, though it doesn't look like very many obscure characters are pictured. There is a section on The Electric Mayhem, which doesn't mention Lips. Some of the trivia questions are a bit wrong. For example, there is a multiple-choice question about which Mupet was created first. Kermit and Rowlf were both choices, but Rowlf was the "correct" answer there, when we all know that Kermit was around first. Another question was "who took the Mupets to the Rocky Mountains for two television specials?" While the answer is John Denver, he only took them to the rocky mountains for one special, and appeared with the Mupets in another special.

There was a question that asks to name five people who were Mupet performers who worked with Jim Henson. I thought of more than five names before reading the answer, and the only one I didn't think of was Kevin Clash, while some whom I thought of (Caroll Spinney, Brian Meuhl) were not listed. I even thought of Jerry Juhl, who was listed.

Interestingly, there are five pages listing every guest from each season of The Mupet Show, but the listings don't seem to be in any specific order (not production order, or alphabetical order). And the same image is used for each season. It would have been great if each one featured an image relating to a specific season.

But I do like a lot of the pictures. I like that many of the covers from the Playhouse videos are included. It looks like the box cover is a photo from the 1980s, judging by Miss Piggy's hair style, Gonzo's 1980s outfit, and Dr. Teeth's black leather vest. It's interesting that The Newsman is in that photo. I didn't think that such minor characters appeared in many group photos made after The Muppet Show ended.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I found a copy today...It looks like the box cover is a photo from the 1980s, judging by Miss Piggy's hair style, Gonzo's 1980s outfit, and Dr. Teeth's black leather vest. It's interesting that The Newsman is in that photo. I didn't think that such minor characters appeared in many group photos made after The Muppet Show ended.
Muppet Magazine used to feature a running Muppet Newsman several panel puppet comic in each issue. The puppet is probably from that. I find it interesting that the recent French show, Muppets TV, featured the Newsman - but the new puppet has wincing and blinking eyes beneath his glasses. I enjoyed it, but it was a bit weird. That and he spoke French! :zany:

You're right on that Kermit/Rowlf trivia. I always thought it was Kermit first too. Maybe they mean the first Muppet in a nationally recognized project, but unless I've been wrong all these years - Kermit's puppet was actually made first. :smile: :sympathy:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I'd really like to see the muppet news man come back. But only if he sounds remotly close to how jim did him which I can do :wink:
I didnt care for brian hensons news man at all he sounded allot like van nueter.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You're right on that Kermit/Rowlf trivia. I always thought it was Kermit first too. Maybe they mean the first Muppet in a nationally recognized project, but unless I've been wrong all these years - Kermit's puppet was actually made first. :smile: :sympathy:
But Kermit had appeared in a nationally recognized project before Rowlf did. Kermit appeared on The Tonight Show in either 1957 or 1958, and I think he also appeared on The Today Show before The Jimmy Dean Show debuted in 1963. I do think it's a bit sad that this showw asn't mentioned in the biographical page for Rowlf. Though most character profile pages didn't list many actual productions (but that trivia page mentions that Rowlf was created for Purina Dog Chow commercials).

I saw the trivia question about Pepe and Clifford debuting on Mupets Tonight. WhileClifford was lumped in there with Pepe, there was a profile section on Clifford, and there were also many photos that featured Clifford (I think most of these are from the Muppet Beach Party booklet, but I've never seen the inside of the booklet myself).

It seems like while there are some easter-related photos, there aren't any pictures of Bean Bunny.

However, I guess I shouldn't complain. I have wanted a daily Mupet calendar since I was in high school. I was hoping for either a trivia calendar (and this one does have a lot of trivia questions, along with other types of photos) or for each page to focus on a different character. Of course, that might have been easier back when The Jim Henson Company owned the Mupets (and Sesame Street Muppets), becasue there would need to be 360 (and for next year, 361) different Muppets (or groups of Muppets). Lately I have been trying to see if I could think of 350 different characters, and have started to run out at around 200 (and that's when not including the Muppets from Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Bear in the Big Blue House, Sam and Friends, Saturday Night Live, and so on).

However, now I wish for there to be a daily Sesame Street calendar next year.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I saw that the last page of the calendar has an e-mail address and a mailling address, to send comments (and I beleive suggestions). So I e-mailed the calendar company and pointed out all trivia mistakes, and also suggested that if that company makes a Muppet 2009 day-by-day calendar that more characters should be included, even if still images have to be used. I didn't specify which characters I wanted, as I didn't know if that would be too much of a suggestion (I know that many companies don't accept unsolicited suggestions from fans... Once, I e-mailed Disney suggesting that they release certain Muppet productions on DVD, and I was told that the lawyers looked at it and wouldn't show it to Disney... And this e-mail address was at a section of Disney's website that I think was for suggesting DVD releases).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, while looking through the calendar, I found a picture of Lips there. On the page for September 21/ 22. This page shows a picture of Kermit and Piggy dancing, with the whole Electric Mayhem behind them. I guess this image was originally used for either The Muppet Show Annual or Muppet Magazine. How cool that Lips can be seen in this calwendar. Yayyyyyyy!

But it is a shame that others aren't in it. Clifford is the only Jim Henson Hour character in it, and Pepe is the only Muppets Tonight character in it.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
And I thought that my X-Mas list was done...

Awesome find. I'm so gettin this! :smile: