2013 Muppets Wall Calendar

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm still glad they released something. My idea of a great calendar? Just reprint the movie posters and lobby cards for the past 7 films. That's stock art they already have and it's art that's always welcomed by fans.
I think that would have been a great idea! All the Muppet posters and from shows from past productions. I would buy that!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I predicted that they'd at least use some screen stills from last year's movie, but it seems that they decided to use iconic character photos instead. I understand the thinking. They're introducing the characters to a new generation. It's much like last year's advertising featuring the characters against a white backdrop. It's just boring old photos. They have beautiful new posers built. Why are they just sitting around? Couldn't someone at the Muppets Studio take a weekend and compose all new photos? The magic of the Muppets is not in photoshopped pieces. It's that they exist and can be physically placed into situations. No digital manipulation needed.

The fact that this is not a grid calendar sealed the deal for me. The ability to write in each square and check things off are the only reasons why I purchase paper calendars. At least this year isn't like that hideous photoshop Kermit monstrosity. Eugh.

I'm still glad they released something. My idea of a great calendar? Just reprint the movie posters and lobby cards for the past 7 films. That's stock art they already have and it's art that's always welcomed by fans.
All of that. Yes to all of that. It does make sense that the white backdrop is supposed to mimic those posters, The DVD, and some of the merchandise... but I'm not too crazy about the white backdrop on those either. Even if they had to use those boring old photos, they could have done something more visually appealing with them.

But I agree fully. Where are the new posers? We've seen them for the movie posters, so we know they exist. Even if they just reverse photoshopped them off the Toy Story 3-looking jumble poster.

Still, I wonder how hard it would have been to use still frames from the last movie, or any of the movies for that matter?

But a Muppet movie poster calendar has merit. It's existing artwork, but its artwork we rarely see now. Especially those lovely The Muppet Movie and Great Muppet Caper posters.

catherine

Reaction score
I would buy it, too, is there anyway, we could get the puppeteers, to do a calendar, for next year.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I would buy it, too, is there anyway, we could get the puppeteers, to do a calendar, for next year.
There as so many ways I want to take that comment...

A Muppeteer Calender...!

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that probably will never happen. It would ruin the "magic" of the Muppets. That would be cool, though!

Beauregard

Reaction score
*resisting urge to compare the Muppeteer Calender with popular Firemen or Men in Uniform calenders*

Bea:zany:{Okay, so, not resisting much...SWAEHB!}regard

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Weird, I don't think I've seen that gonzo before. And now that I have, I wish I could unsee it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... get ready to apply palms to your faces...

These are photos of a Disney Store Tote bag...

Front

Side:

It makes brilliant use of new and some older stock photos, and gives them some wonderful visual dazzle.

They could JUST as easily use the SAME artwork here. I LOVE that Electric Mayhem photo on the side. I'd buy a poster of that, no problem.

This proves you CAN do something original and visually appealing with posers old and new.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Hmm... it says it is a sixteen month calendar, yet they only show 12 images....